Kentucky Derby

BOBOT

Recycles dryer sheets
Make yer pick & get it here before post time. I'm going with Scat Daddy - though if the Queen is a late entry she might be a contender...

Here's the field.

Winners get bragging rights.

Good luck!

30 years ago, I spent a summer at the track as a bookie for a guy working on the Alaskan Pipeline. I can give you a tip. Don't play the horses.

I don't ever bet, even on a football pool, but for fun, here we go at 6:06 PM eastern:

Win - #9, Liquidity
Place - #6
Show - #11

No edits to come...

9. Liquidity --Doug O'Neill --David Flores --Hasn't won since breaking his maiden at age 2. 30-1

6. Cowtown Cat --Todd Pletcher --Fernando Jara --Has speed. Two graded wins. Don't discount. 20-1

11. Bwana Bull --Jerry Hollendorfer --Javier Castellano --Exceedingly good luck is his only shot. 50-1

[he he he -- good thing I have no real money on this!]

:LOL:

Oh well. [tears tickets up and tries to duck bookies on way out of track...] :D

OKLibrarian said:
Enh...let's say Street Sense.

Congratulations OKLibarian. Beautiful race too- and wow was Calvin Borel the portait of a happy man!

Ha

Worked for two years at the track and on a farm, learned to never ever bet on horses.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Guess this isn't the moment to admit I just picked the name I liked best. Good race though. yet another reason I don't gamble. ;)

I'm impressed that a horse that's blind in one eye was entered. Didn't place well but to run well enough to be even considered for the Kentucky Derby is pretty cool.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom