Laughter and the Forum's Health

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Got this email from Andrew Weil today - The forum is of course a treasure trove of information - I also am here because I enjoy laughing with you! :D :LOL: :)

The Laughter Effect

It's not often that we talk about laughter's effect on healing, stress and immunity. Yet it plays a role so important that we should mention it more often. Not only can laughter lighten one's load during times of stress or illness, but studies are finding that it may boost immunity, relieve pain and even help protect against heart disease. We don't yet know what factors in laughter are responsible for the positive effects. Perhaps it's the physical act of laughing that does it, or the way laughter helps us cope in tough situations. Perhaps it's the social bond we form with others when we laugh with them. Maybe it's the combination of all three.

Here are some healthy ways to inject a little laughter into your life:

* Children laugh around 400 times a day; adults, around 25. Find ways to bring more humor into your life.
* Lighten up. In line at the post office? Stuck in traffic? You have two choices: make yourself angry or make yourself laugh. Opt for the latter.
* Look for humor in difficult situations - even those you think you can't bear.

UncleMick will live forever. Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, etc..... :LOL:

This made me heh heh heh heh

img_337104_0_0aa8d0684aac0f1f8ff4415e504fb325.jpg

DanTien said:
This made me heh heh heh heh

img_337106_0_0aa8d0684aac0f1f8ff4415e504fb325.jpg

We have now reached a new low, just when I thought
we may attain a higher level of discourse. :)

JG

Dan: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That's about 80 or so, and the days not over yet!

<peeking in>

:D
Yep, it never fails.... 5:30pm PST right on the dot. Any thread in this forum is open game to sexualizing (is that a word :confused:)

cube_rat said:
<peeking in>

:D
Yep, it never fails.... 5:30pm PST right on the dot.  Any thread in this forum is open game to sexualizing (is that a word  :confused:)

Hey, Cube, welcome to the "pervert corner".

"Would you like a Walnetto little girl?" ;)

I don't like Walnettos! I want red hots!

Seriously, we should have our own "Happy Hour" forum to avoid filling Martha's forum up with debauchery and mayhem on a regular basis.

I don't like Walnettos! I want red hots!

Seriously, we should have our own "Happy Hour" forum to avoid filling up Martha's forum with debauchery and mayhem.

Damnit, DanTien! I had a mouth full of milk and cereal. I don't know how I avoided drenching my monitor and keyboard. <whew!> :LOL:

Yeah, Martha definitely got the short end of the stick moderating "Other Topics". On the other hand, it's been ages since I've seen a complaint reported, so we're either not over the line yet or everyone but the peanut gallery has left.

Gosh. Sorry, if anyone felt uncomfortable viewing that outstanding group of succulents from the Organ Pipe Monument. :D
But, please remember, it is just a group of prickly cacti between that happy go lucky guy's legs....What guy or gal wouldn't jump at the opportunity to straddle that thing for a photo?

DanTien said:
Gosh. Sorry, if anyone felt uncomfortable viewing that outstanding group of succulents from the Organ Pipe Monument.  :D
But, please remember, it is just a group of prickly cacti between that happy go lucky guy's legs....What guy or gal wouldn't jump at the opportunity to straddle that thing for a photo?

You are correct in that the impulse would hit many of us.
(I recall a photo of me straddling a cannon) :). However, I also assume
most would have the good taste not to post the results here. OTOH, I have posted my share of tasteless crap, so I'm in no position to lecture anyone.
It's a prickly question tho.

JG

MRGALT2U said:
You are correct in that the impulse would hit many of us.
(I recall a photo of me straddling a cannon) :). However, I also assume
most would have the good taste not to post the results here. OTOH, I have posted my share of tasteless crap, so I'm in no position to lecture anyone.
It's a prickly question tho.
JG
In the interest of good taste I will be resigning my position on the forum board sometime in the future. :-*

Can you scan that cannon photo in?

A classic that's worth repeating:

A blonde decides to try horseback riding, even though she has had no lessons or prior experience.

Brenda mounts the horse unassisted and the horse immediately springs into motion.

It gallops along at a steady and rhythmic pace, but Brenda begins to slip from the saddle.

In terror, Brenda grabs for the horse's mane, but cannot seem to get a firm grip.

She tries to throw her arms around the horse's neck, but she slides down the side of the horse anyway.

The horse gallops along, seemingly impervious to its slipping rider.

Finally, giving up her frail grip, she leaps away from the horse to try and throw herself to safety.

Unfortunately, her foot has become entangled in the stirrup and she is now at the mercy of the horse's pounding hooves as her head is struck against the ground again and again.

As her head is battered against the ground, she is mere moments away from unconsciousness when ... Wally, the Wal-Mart manager runs out to unplug the ride.

REWahoo! said:
A classic that's worth repeating:

A blonde decides to try horseback riding, even though she has had no lessons or prior experience.

Brenda mounts the horse unassisted and the horse immediately springs into motion.

It gallops along at a steady and rhythmic pace, but Brenda begins to slip from the saddle.

In terror, Brenda grabs for the horse's mane, but cannot seem to get a firm grip.

She tries to throw her arms around the horse's neck, but she slides down the side of the horse anyway.

Finally, giving up her frail grip, she leaps away from the horse to try and throw herself to safety.

Unfortunately, her foot has become entangled in the stirrup and she is now at the mercy of the horse's pounding hooves as her head is struck against the ground again and again.

As her head is battered against the ground, she is mere moments away from unconsciousness when ... Wally, the Wal-Mart manager runs out to unplug the ride.

What's with this "blonde, she" stuff?? Why not have blonde, men jokes?

No, I'm not blonde, although I've been accused of being one from time to time.

cube_rat said:

As I've said before, thank goodness for the 5th Amendment... ;)

cube_rat said:

In an effort to be politically correct (can a blonde joke be politically correct :confused:), I made some changes. Maybe it's just me, but it appears to really lose something...

A blonde decides to try horseback riding, even though he/she has had no lessons or prior experience.

He/she mounts the horse unassisted and the horse immediately springs into motion.

It gallops along at a steady and rhythmic pace, but he/she begins to slip from the saddle.

In terror, he/she grabs for the horse's mane, but cannot seem to get a firm grip.

He/she tries to throw his/her arms around the horse's neck, but he/she slides down the side of the horse anyway.

Finally, giving up his/her frail grip, he/she leaps away from the horse to try and throw himself/herself to safety.

Unfortunately, his/her foot has become entangled in the stirrup and he/she is now at the mercy of the horse's pounding hooves as his/her head is struck against the ground again and again.

As his/her head is battered against the ground, he/she is mere moments away from unconsciousness when ... Pat, the Wal-Mart manager runs out to unplug the ride.

cube_rat said:

Cube: We like you no matter what your current hair color is. ;)
See you tonight at 5:30.
By the way, the Walnetto ref. was a test.
You passed. ;)

Back
Top Bottom