LBYM Drapes

No "passers by" here, my backyard. Storm drain collection in back of fence as big as a football field, dug down 20 feet, fenced and maintained by the city.
Now that's what I call privacy! I love it. :D

Here are my new drapes

37562127340_d9e6e3e2e9_z.jpg

Closed and open;

37788492742_e6819460c9_z.jpg

3 grommeted panels and the new rod with the fancy finials was $200 at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

How's that for cheap? Don't want expensive stuff there, that door gets a lot of use by us and the dogs.

We're still struggling with what to do, but we have visited Bed Bath and Beyond. One option is to spend a little more on some nice sheers and then use the panels like you did for an accent.

For animals I prefer the Home Depot vertical blinds on patio doors. About $60 last time I installed a set on an 8 foot door, probably more now. Replacement panes available, but why not just get a new set every few years?

We're still struggling with what to do, but we have visited Bed Bath and Beyond. One option is to spend a little more on some nice sheers and then use the panels like you did for an accent.

Have you tried Regal Drapes ? It is an online store and they will send you samples .They are not cheap but they have great reviews .I may use them next year .

Start hitting estate sales in high price neighborhoods. You might find just the thing for a fraction of the price.

Well, if you buy drapes and they don't work out...
Carol_Burnett_GWTW.jpg

Sorry, but that one still cracks me up!

Our house has 29 windows, including 7 sliding glass doors and 6 large picture windows that are the same size as the sliding glass doors. It's a lot of glass, but the house sits on 2.2 wooded acres with a beautiful view of a small lake in the back. So we don't really want curtains or any type of window covering. It's not really needed for privacy because the lot (and all surrounding lots) are large and heavily wooded. We can't see our neighbors and they can't see us.

When we first moved in, the house had a combination of cheap white metal blinds on the smaller windows and white vinyl vertical blinds on the large picture windows and sliding glass doors. We took it all down. The only thing that went back up was some nice wooden blinds on the 4 large windows in the front of the house. I got those online for about $500 total. We also put up some simple grommet panels in the guest bedrooms upstairs. I think they were around $200 per window at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Back
Top Bottom