Life Hacks

wabmester

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just read an article in the NY Times called Meet the Life Hackers about little productivity "hacks." Also led me to this site:

http://www.43folders.com/

Interesting stuff about how we get stuff done (or don't), and how we can get more stuff done. I use many of these tricks myself, like a large screen monitor, sending myself email, and trying to become "invested" in a task before I switch tasks. Anyway, good reading.

Is it correct that the programs on that sit work for Mac computers?

Thanks, Wab, that was absolutely fascinating. Now I know why my attention span is so short... excuse me a minute... OK, I'm back.

I'm going to have to clear this hutch off our computer desk and buy a 42" monitor.

Use two monitors. I've done that for about the last 6-7 years and wouldn't go back. I've got two 19" CRTs on my desk now. I wouldn't mind if they were flat panels as they do take up a lot of desk space, but having that much window area is really nice. Two programs running full screen is wonderful, especially if you are trying to do some sort of cut/paste from one into the other.

I use a Matrox dual-head video card, and I think they now have a triple-head card. An instructor in a course mentioned that he ran two dual-head cards so his desktop stretched across 4 screens.

cheers,
Michael

Back
Top Bottom