list your peculiarities here

LG4NB,
Yeah that whole thing about not leaving any food on your plate because children in biafra were starving.

I never got the connection. At the time I figured they could ship all the cauliflower, brocolli, and Brussel's sprouts to biafra and all would be happy.

justin said:
After the bidet rinse, then what? No toilet paper to dry off?

Just a little, but that's all. Without the butt-wash, I would use a lot more toilet paper trying to get clean, maybe even to the point of rubbing myself raw. Since you asked.

Bpp

bpp said:
Just a little, but that's all. Without the butt-wash, I would use a lot more toilet paper trying to get clean, maybe even to the point of rubbing myself raw. Since you asked.

Thanks for clarifying one of life's little mysteries for me! This whole bidet thing makes perfect sense now.

Outtahere said:
Martha I was going to mention the "food not touching" thing, that drives me nuts too, I do not want my string beans (or run off juices) in my taters. I actually have a divided plate I use at home. I drive hubby nuts with some of my food peculiarities.

To me, the food tastes best when you can mix everything up (nothing like a big ol' serving of great mashed potatoes and gravy). In fact, if I really like the salad dressing (Italian works best here), I'll even finish off my salad, tip the salad plate over my dinner plate, and pour the remaining dressing into my mashed potatoes....before adding in whatever other vegetable remains are there.

MMMMmmmmmmmm......

Mrs. Zipper and I, and most others our age always arrange $$$bills neatly in our wallets. I know.......a couple of fuss asses! ;)

$50's, $20's, $10's, $5's, face up in that order. We don't have $2's or $1's in Canada, just loonies and toonies that mingle with the pocket change. :D

Our sons, and most in their generation just stuff bills in a wallet in random order face up or not. :confused:

Peter76 said:
To me, the food tastes best when you can mix everything up (nothing like a big ol' serving of great mashed potatoes and gravy). In fact, if I really like the salad dressing (Italian works best here), I'll even finish off my salad, tip the salad plate over my dinner plate, and pour the remaining dressing into my mashed potatoes....before adding in whatever other vegetable remains are there.

MMMMmmmmmmmm......

Gross.

I love mashed potatoes with gravy but the rest of it is like Martha said....Gross!!

Zipper my husband does that, I wouldn't mind but he'll stand in the store and adjust all his bills. I don't care that he has to have all the heads going the same way i just hate that he does it in public, I keep telling him that he's gonna get rolled for his wad of cash. He insists that it won't happen but I think he's just asking for trouble, while he may think he's 21 all the robbers will is is a gray haired ole man.

Outtahere said:
I love mashed potatoes with gravy but the rest of it is like Martha said....Gross!! .

I still have hung on to my childhood habit of making a big resevoir with the mash - fill-up to the brim with the gravy and then having a dam break.... :eek:

Zipper said:
Mrs. Zipper and I, and most others our age always arrange $$$bills neatly in our wallets. I know.......a couple of fuss asses! ;)
In my younger years I used to organize them by face value & serial number.

Luckily raising a family empties my wallet quickly enough to render the latter unnecessary.

When I visit NC (about once every 20 years), I get to a diner and get eggs over easy, grits and crisp bacon. Chop/mic it all up and use my buttered toast as the spoon.

Yummy.

Big perculiarity (fetish maybe :D) is young Chinese women from the city of Guangzhou.

OldAgePensioner said:
When I visit NC (about once every 20 years), I get to a diner and get eggs over easy, grits and crisp bacon. Chop/mic it all up and use my buttered toast as the spoon.

Yummy.

Big perculiarity (fetish maybe :D) is young Chinese women from the city of Guangzhou.

Didn't you mean young Chinese women teenage girls? >:D :police:
Now, that would be a tad peculiar although not too uncommon for a 50ish OAP. ;)

Maddy the Turbo Beagle said:
I always wondered what people did with their soap chips (melted down and forged into a new bar?)

1.  After I shower or just when I change my undies,  I use a soap chip to prewash parts of my underwear and then hang it to dry somewhere in the bathroom.  After it dries, I add it to the dirty-laundry pile. (Too much info?  Well, you were wondering what people do with soap chips :)  )

2.  I use a spoon to cut my meat, fish,  or chicken when I'm eating them with rice (more of a cultural practice with which I grew up).  I don't need no stinkin' knife unless the food is really tough, but I do use a fork and knife when trying to observe the few rules of etiquette I know--when eating out, when at a formal reception, etc.

3.  I talk in my sleep--not all the time, but often enough.  I looked up somniloquism a long time ago on the Internet trying to cure myself but found nothing useful.  I didn't want to pay for psychotherapy.  It's not really bothersome now, although it used to embarrass me when I was younger and would stay at other people's houses overnight.  I think I am able to handle anxieties better these days because sometimes I laugh and sing in my sleep. 

I can make a longer list but some of them are too private and a lot are from growing up in a different country.

My DH affectionately calls me an anal-retentive clean freak. My list of peculiarities are endless but here a few:

In the bathroom: everything has a place and I mean everything except dirty clothes laying on the bathroom floor (drives me nuts). I like my towels folded in 3's. I like it placed on the bathroom counter on a diagonal. I like my bath towel hung up on the right and husband's on the left. My shampoo bottle in the middle and his on the right. I am very particular about my bath/body soap. Has to be bar, vegetable oil, and smell wonderful.

I am very particular about my sheets. The bedding must be changed no less than once a week. Must have high thread count but bought on sale. Cream colored. Light weight down blanket. Bedspread folded in 3's at the foot of the bed. No clothes laying on the floor, closet doors closed.

There is more but I don't want to sound scary....

LL

Vagabond,
Not tooooo teenish, 18 is my lower limit.

LL,
that 3s thing is peculiar. I'd go buy 3 lotto tickets with lots of 3s on them :D

I used to like polls, but thanks to the forum I think I worked that issue out....

OldAgePensioner said:
Big perculiarity (fetish maybe  :D) is young Chinese women from the city of Guangzhou.

no maybe's about it. yet five pages of posts before the great transmutation. i applaud your restraint. now if we could only turn lead to gold.

flipstress said:
1. After I shower or just when I change my undies, I use a soap chip to prewash parts of my underwear and then hang it to dry somewhere in the bathroom.

that is most peculiar. if only we were offering an award. have you considered a bidet?

OldAgePensioner said:
Big perculiarity (fetish maybe  :D) is young Chinese women from the city of Guangzhou.

This thread is useless without pictures.

xinsrc_4004010915015922555628.jpg

flipstress said:
3.  I talk in my sleep--not all the time, but often enough. 

Be careful, Dear.

One more name, one more
name you call out in your sleep
One more name and I'll know
it's not a lie
One more name, one more name
that from your lips does creep
One more name and our love will surely die.

-Dwight Yoakam, "Bueans Noches From a Lonely Room"
Ha

Wab,
I like #1 a lot. As a matter of fact, #1 is just my type.

This years Miss China Town beauty contest is next week. For some reason it is s\ponsored by the Mason's.

Another peculiarity is that the Masonic Lodge band marches in front of the Chinese funeral processions.

LL,
I'm out right now searching for a good meals on wheels deal so I can get there in time. :D
T

Number 25 looks like my wife. :D I'm a lucky guy...

Never mind, they all look alike (blatantly racist joke, I know!).

Back
Top Bottom