list your peculiarities here

I remember the first time I saw BP. It was in "Thelma & Louise". I turned to my cousin and said, "Who is THAT?" Mmm Mmm Mmm.

ooooooh LL I did that same thing in that movie....too bad he turned out to be such a jerk... (sigh) such a waste of a buff bod.

LL and Outtahere,
You ladies need a cold shower. Can I interest you in the OAP-cold-shower using a large garden watering can. :D I want even peek. :eek:

Laurence said:
Maybe because girls are taught at an early age that what's they are valued for, but that's a bummer discussion for another thread.

I thought about starting another "bummer discussion" thread, but I don't want to be a bummer thread starter.

I was being serious... Aren't you guys relieved that you aren't judged so often on your looks? I know that we ladies do appreciate a good looking man (or woman too because we know how much effort it is) but it is just not so in your face all the time.

Ironically, after my posting I was off for a beauty treatment. I know that I am being judged even though I do not choose to stand in a lineup.

Back on topic: my peculiarity is that I want to be understood by people on a message board who really just want to look at beauty contestants. :confused:

shiny said:
Back on topic: my peculiarity is that I want to be understood by people on a message board who really just want to look at beauty contestants. :confused:

Shiny, while I certainly wouldn't say I didn't enjoy looking at beauty contestants, I don't think you have to be worried about message board participants judging you on your looks. For all any of us know every female on this board is the spitting image of Angelina Jolie! :D

Heck, it's difficult to know whether posters are male or female, much less what they look like. The only two I know about for sure are me (think Richard Gere) and Unclemick (think teenage jailbait). :LOL:

There are 2 golden rules to message boards and chatrooms.

All women are young, beautiful, big breasted and nymphos.

All men are young, buff and well hung.

Now.... I have some swamp land you might be interested in.

OAP I'd be suspect about a shower you might provide us innocent women with ;)

shiny said:
I was being serious... Aren't you guys relieved that you aren't judged so often on your looks?
Au contraire.

There's a vast difference between walking around a military installation in your uniform... and doing the same thing four years later in your ponytail. You're the center of attention in the former and you're invisible in the latter.

shiny said:
... but it is just not so in your face all the time.
Gimme a break-- we're raising a 13-year-old girl. God is punishing me several times a day for everything I did (or lusted in my heart after) as a teenage boy.

- My daughter is the spitting image of my mother, who died six years before our daughter was born. My daughter was born less than 24 hours shy of my mother's birthday. My father, aunts, and uncles say that she has 99% of my mother's genes and we have the photos to prove it. It affects the way some of them treat our daughter-- talk about being judged by your looks.
- My daughter's eligible for an appointment to the Naval Academy but she can't join the submarine force. Or the SEALs. Or the Rangers, like her cousin. Or a host of other military occupations by which she's very impressed.
- She's well aware that WNBA salaries are only a fraction of the NBA.
- Our community basketball league, chaired by a woman, names the teams after NBA teams despite the fact that four of the teams are in the girls' league.
- She watches a lot of ESPN. I've observed with her that it's interesting that the women's beach volleyball players wear bikinis while the men wear shorts (not Speedos). And take a look at the different attire between men & women's indoor volleyball teams.
- None of the neighborhood guys were interested in Oprah's show on "becoming Oprah" and other commecial airbrushing & computer-enhancing advertising tricks. Our room was six-deep in teen girls.
- I have never seen any adolescent or teen boys in Hawaii riding dressage. (Yet if a teen horndog boy wanted to hang with the hot babes in their tight clothes, this is where to go.) The one man who rides dressage has regularly had his masculinity questioned, but I think it's because he's a better rider than the vast majority of the women competitors.
- The night before a tae kwon do tournament we attended a boxing match. (Hey, she's a grrrl, not a girlie-girl.) I asked her whether she wanted to be one of the teen girls in the boxing helmet getting the living crap beat out of her or one of the bikini-clad teenagers holding up the signs between rounds. She said she wanted to be the boxer because she could always make a comeback.
- Have any of you ever watched Vanessa Williams' Proactiv acne-treatment infomercial with your daughter?

It's interesting to note that many subjects involving the topic of girls & women could have their object words changed to "blacks" or "Arabs" or "Muslims" or "Jews", and if those subjects with those objects came to the attention of the ACLU then the lawsuits would be flying...

shiny said:
I thought about starting another "bummer discussion" thread, but I don't want to be a bummer thread starter.

Back on topic:  my peculiarity is that I want to be understood by people on a message board who really just want to look at beauty contestants.   :confused:

Shiny, probably more of us than you would think read you pretty well, and like you. I remember being impressed by some of your early posts when you talked of your love for your family, and your consideration for their feelings. I also notice the empathy and tact that you show on this board.

You are a high class person. Everything is going to be all right!

Ha

shiny said:
Isn't it a relief to you guys to know that you are not objectified

apparently you haven't been to a gay bar recently. we objectify with such a critical eye we'd make you cry. fortunately, the male ego is so over-inflated and that protected by such an unjustifiably heightened sense of self-esteem and confidence, that we are able to enter the bar, be rejected more than several times yet still exit feeling as if we've conquered the world.

so go ahead, objectify me. you don't even have to buy me dinner first.

www.joephillips.com/dancer/index.html

lazygood4nothinbum said:
apparently you haven't been to a gay bar recently.
you don't even have to buy me dinner first.
We're all only about three beers away from a gay bar, right?

Hey OAP, Freudian slips, ;)

OldAgePensioner said:
LL and Outtahere,
You ladies need a cold shower. Can I interest you in the OAP-cold-shower using a large garden watering can. :D I want even peek. :eek:

"wont" or "want"

OldAgePensioner said:
Outta, I would have been OK.

"It" or "I"

Nords said:
We're all only about three beers away from a gay bar, right?

well, ya gotta know, even there within that harsh strobe disco lighting we find infinitesimally more acceptance than anywhere outside the gay bar, our own homes or the occassional support group meeting for low-self-esteem gay men and their anonymous, married, str8 tricks. nothing peculiar about that, huh?

here in a country where women are free to complain about being objectified, where we are horrified by religions who veil their own to protect against objectification and, god forbid, giving a guy a hardon, yet, having no compunction at all to closeting away what we don't care to see, in a country where the senate currently debates a freaking constitutional amendment preventing gay marriage--objectification? gays aren't even considered human here. so complain all you want about objectification. me? i never leave home without a six-pack.

america the beautiful. land of the free. home of the hypocrite.

i'm beautiful dammit.

lazygood4nothinbum said:
i'm beautiful dammit.

I'm sure you are LazyG4NB. I feel your pain too.

Who doesn't hurt, deep in his or her soul? Disappointments, opportunities missed or rejected, love not given or received, failures of courage- on our part or on the part of others- the list can add up.

But life stays beautiful. I guess that is why they call it life.

HA

How many of you guys have dressed up in your wives panties and bra and wondered what kinda lay you would be? :eek: :D

HaHa said:
Who doesn't hurt, deep in his or her soul?

When the earth was still flat,
And the clouds made of fire,
And mountains stretched up to the sky,
Sometimes higher,
Folks roamed the earth
Like big rolling kegs.
They had two sets of arms.
They had two sets of legs.
They had two faces peering
Out of one giant head
So they could watch all around them
As they talked; while they read.
And they never knew nothing of love.
It was before the origin of love.

The origin of love

And there were three sexes then,
One that looked like two men
Glued up back to back,
Called the children of the sun.
And similar in shape and girth
Were the children of the earth.
They looked like two girls
Rolled up in one.
And the children of the moon
Were like a fork shoved on a spoon.
They were part sun, part earth
Part daughter, part son.

The origin of love

Now the gods grew quite scared
Of our strength and defiance
And Thor said,
"I'm gonna kill them all
With my hammer,
Like I killed the giants."
And Zeus said, "No,
You better let me
Use my lightening, like scissors,
Like I cut the legs off the whales
And dinosaurs into lizards."
Then he grabbed up some bolts
And he let out a laugh,
Said, "I'll split them right down the middle.
Gonna cut them right up in half."
And then storm clouds gathered above
Into great balls of fire

And then fire shot down
From the sky in bolts
Like shining blades
Of a knife.
And it ripped
Right through the flesh
Of the children of the sun
And the moon
And the earth.
And some Indian god
Sewed the wound up into a hole,
Pulled it round to our belly
To remind us of the price we pay.
And Osiris and the gods of the Nile
Gathered up a big storm
To blow a hurricane,
To scatter us away,
In a flood of wind and rain,
And a sea of tidal waves,
To wash us all away,
And if we don't behave
They'll cut us down again
And we'll be hopping round on one foot
And looking through one eye.

Last time I saw you
We had just split in two.
You were looking at me.
I was looking at you.
You had a way so familiar,
But I could not recognize,
Cause you had blood on your face;
I had blood in my eyes.
But I could swear by your expression
That the pain down in your soul
Was the same as the one down in mine.
That's the pain,
Cuts a straight line
Down through the heart;
We called it love.

So we wrapped our arms around each other,
Trying to shove ourselves back together.
We were making love,
Making love.
It was a cold dark evening,
Such a long time ago,
When by the mighty hand of Jove,
It was the sad story
How we became
Lonely two-legged creatures,
It's the story of
The origin of love.
That's the origin of love.

Attachments

• hedwig.jpg
    hedwig.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 49
  • hedwig.jpg_thumb
    54.4 KB · Views: 0
It has always been my fantasy to know that I am the target of a sexually starved gal who has been secretly eying me for years but has not gotten up enough nerve to make her big move.  She has probably gotten to the poiint where she can hardly contain herself at times when she is near me, but she just does not have to balls to approach me.  "Maybe next time..."she assures herself.

Go ahead honey...make your move.

How many of you guys have dressed up in your wives panties and bra and wondered what kinda lay you would be?  

Not my wife but...I have a friend (with benefits) who regularly requests that I dress up in her bra and crotchless panties (I know the visual picture is damn strange) but it seems to get her going so...what the hell!!! :eek:

mickeyd said:
It has always been my fantasy to know that I am the target of a sexually starved gal who has been secretly eying me for years but has not gotten up enough nerve to make her big move...Go ahead honey...make your move.

sorry but she's busy objectifying your nesting qualities: house, bank account, kindness to children.

frayne said:
Just like wimmens with big hooters and tight cooters.

While we're at it, let's all live on the Big Rock Candy Mountain. :)

Ha

shiny said:

I was being serious... Aren't you guys relieved that you aren't judged so often on your looks? I know that we ladies do appreciate a good looking man (or woman too because we know how much effort it is) but it is just not so in your face all the time.

Ironically, after my posting I was off for a beauty treatment. I know that I am being judged even though I do not choose to stand in a lineup.

I am late to the party.

An occasional joke on this board is Kathy Bates, referencing her nude scene with Jack Nicholson. Kathy Bates is a fine actress. The ugly jokes do get tiresome.

But when people call attention to this sort of thing, they get flack for being oversensitive, maybe called a feminist (for some reason a bad word), and accused of having no sense of humor. I have frequently worked around groups of men and gone out with the guys and listened to the guy talk. Sometimes they are fricking rude about women they know. :-\

But now I am being a bummer.

I did enjoy people's peculiarities. :)

HaHa said:
While we're at it, let's all live on the Big Rock Candy Mountain. :)

Ha

That might be nice.

Back
Top Bottom