Live wild eagle cam

These eagle cams are fun to watch. The first one has part of a fish behind the eagle, it must be for a snack later.

You can see the baby eagle right now!

I just saw the baby eagle in VA a few moments ago. :D

Remimd me to stay on the "good side" of an eagle. That beak and those talons look like they could do some serious damage. :cool:

Just tuned in and the mother is tearing apart a fish and then the baby is eating from her beak. Another fish is laying on the side.

I went back and she is crouching on the nest so I can't see the baby anymore.

Correction - the chat says it's the male on the nest. Beautiful bird!

Just finished feeding supper, then settled down on the chick. Wow!

Looks like momma and daddy are both in the nest right now.

This one should have an egg in just a few days and an eaglet in about 35 days according to the cam owner. I like that it has sound but of course being near Seattle it has rain on the lens. Well not rain, but a light mist.

Last year the baby suddenly died. Hope for better outcome this year.

The Eagles of Hornby Island - Webcam

He also edits out some of the interesting video and puts it on this forum.
http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php?topic=525.1775

I've been watching a Great Horned owl in the park near my house. She is sitting on a nest on the very top of a 30 or so foot snag.

Attachments

• IMG_0270.JPG
    IMG_0270.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 1
Holy S***. Is that the eagle everybody has been watching.

Yes it was. She was a marvelous bird to watch , especially in her hatching and raising 3 little babies this year. I hope Dad is able to provide for them going forward.

omni

This is so sad. I've been watching this web cam for the past several weeks. I was shocked and dismayed to check in today and find out the Mom eagle was killed by a landing plane. Fortunately no humans were injured. Many viewers have grown very attached to these eagles and are sincerely concerned for their wellbeing now that one parent has died. It is still unknown if the 'dad' will return to care for the eaglets. It sounds like officials are waiting to see if he returns tonight. If not, they plan to take appropriate action to help insure the eaglets survive. I'm hoping the story had a happy ending.

Looking at the eagle cam now it looks like the eaglets are being fed so hopefully it will work out for the younguns.

Hey, all you eagle lovers, Chase is awarding some big prizes (up to $500K) to charities based on popular vote.

In Round 1 of the voting, Wildlife Center of Virginia (where the baby eagles have been cared for since their mother was killed by a jet plane) and Norfolk Botanical Garden (the baby eagles birthplace and home of the first eagle cam) both made it into the top 25 charities (and each won $25K), so they have moved on to Round 2.

Anyone who has a facebook account (and if you don't, you can create one, vote, and then cancel your account) can vote.

Voting begins today (May 19) and ends May 25.

Rules:
1) You must have a Face book account 2) You must allow “Access” and “Like” the Chase Community Giving application on the Face book platform to vote. 3) Each Participant will be limited to one (1) vote per Charity with a total of five (5) votes per valid user profile.

Both charities are currently doing well on the leaderboard (#13 and #16) but can certainly use all the help they can get.

Please vote! We can do this!

Chase Community Giving on Facebook | Facebook

omni

Back
Top Bottom