The borg?

Brain/nervous system enhancements already exist and are in use in the medical field. Look up cochlear implants and auditory brainstem implants (to restore hearing), deep brain stimulators [DBS] (for Parkinson's disease and a few other conditions), and Neuropace (for medically intractable epilepsy).

Brain/nervous system enhancements already exist and are in use in the medical field. Look up cochlear implants and auditory brainstem implants (to restore hearing), deep brain stimulators [DBS] (for Parkinson's disease and a few other conditions), and Neuropace (for medically intractable epilepsy).

And implants that connect working photoreceptors and optic nerves to the brain, bypassing a non-functioning retina for people with Retinitis Pigmentosa. There are glasses that you wear that communicate with the implant and simulate vision. See secondsight.com. Amazing.

So what is the safe WR if I'm immortal?

Same as endowments, roughly 3% - 4%

And everyone else is, too?

Unable to compute, too many variables. If everyone is immortal population essentially becomes infinite. That clearly won't happen so some mortality will still happen (accidents, disease). Or we all migrate to Mars and beyond ..

I swear Google and Amazon are already doing this. My wife and I will talk about some object, like a cheese grater, then I will have all of these targeted ads about cheese graters even though I have not even searched yet. They did some implant while I was sleeping.

Back
Top Bottom