Lone Survivor

eytonxav

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This movie left me in tears and weak kneed; never experienced anything like this before.

1528727_10152151382274769_1841020531_n.jpg

I listened to the interview on the radio this morning. It would be a tough movie to watch and I'm not sure I could watch it.

I don't need to see a movie. Know it well first hand, as do I am sure others on this board who did their time in the trenches.

Someone has to do the dirty work, so others can live in comfort and feel entitled to critize those who do.

Someone has to do the dirty work, so others can live in comfort and feel entitled to critize those who do.

Sometimes I feel like that about the workplace.

In seriousness, thank you for your service. Both my father and grandfather were enlisted in WWII and WWI respectively although only my grandfather saw battle. He never discussed it, too painful I guess.

We had a choice between seeing Lone Survivor or Catching Fire at the theater last night and I chose Catching Fire. Don't like turning into a watering pot in front of a bunch of strangers (was worried it would be like Saving Private Ryan), so took the safe bet. Probably a mistake since I only gave it about 3/5 stars.

If the movie is as good as the book, I look forward to viewing it. Marcus Luttrel (and the other SEALS) are men to be honored by all of us.

Amen, it is a great movie. Marcus appears in it and was the technical adviser. He was happy with the movie, but now wants to go back to his ranch and be left alone.

Back
Top Bottom