Lost a good friend today

Thank you all so much. Your kind words and that you took the time to post and offer comfort help more than you can imagine.

Cheers!

Very sorry for your loss. It's not easy, but learning not to be angry and frustrated over things you can't do anything about is a very worthwhile pursuit. Be glad you shared the friendship for 46 years and reflect on all the wonderful experiences. In time those memories will crowd out the sadness.

Last edited:
Badger,
I am very sorry to hear about losing your friend. I hope the coming days bring you healing and peace.

Badger
I join the chorus in expressing sorrow. My Dad lived to be 95 and witnessed the deaths of all his friends. Eventually he stopped going to the funerals.

I have lost many working mates during the last 15 years. It never gets easier. But be an active helper to the survivors. I helped the wife notify all his working friends in the second last one. It was cathartic.
Keith

Badger,
Sorry for your loss. Lost many in the last year including a son to suicide. It is very hard for awhile. Grief is overwhelming. As the time moves on you will reflect on things you did together. Most on this site like to be in control, but the are some things we can do nothing about, life is short, God Bless

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your son. Hugs and prayers to you.

and I'm feeling a little down. We spent 4 great years at college and remained friends over the past 46 years. I suppose I'm getting to the age I need to expect this to happen more often if I last long enough. I'm not good at how to deal with things like this. It makes me angry and frustrated as well as sad because there isn't anything I can do about it.

I just didn't know anyone else to tell who might understand.

Cheers!

I lost a wonderful friend a few years ago. She was witty,pretty and full of sass. I didn't know her as long as you did. However, I am forever grateful for the times we had.

So sorry Badger for the loss of your friend. And for you pletal for the loss of your son.

My Dad lived to be 95 and witnessed the deaths of all his friends. Eventually he stopped going to the funerals.

I recall, as a kid, my grandmother, (who also lived into her 90s), telling me that she no longer read the local (small town) obituaries....because "Everyone I know (knew) has gone".

Back
Top Bottom