Lowe's 10% Discount coupon

MJ

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If you have a Lowe's Home Improvement Center nearby, you can get a 10% discount coupon by applying online and telling them that you are moving. They will email you a coupon good until 9/30/05.
I am not moving and got one.

http://www.lowesmoving.com/lowesmoving/

MJ said:
If you have a Lowe's Home Improvement Center nearby, you can get a 10% discount coupon by applying online and telling them that you are moving. They will email you a coupon good until 9/30/05.
I am not moving and got one.

http://www.lowesmoving.com/lowesmoving/
I almost got one of those til I read the fine print- - -Acceptance of the coupon is acceptance of United Van Lines offer to move you anywhere for 10% off.  You must move.
Watch for them tomorrow.
Sleep well :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

oops, they already showed up in his driveway. :LOL: hope that you didnt give them a credit card info!

I used the new address of some good friends of mine. I actually asked them awhile back if they would be willing to let me rent a room in their hugh house. They weren't interested. Maybe when I tell them that they now have no choice cause the van will just dump my stuff on their lawn. they'll reverse their decision. :D :D ;)

How is this defined? Stealing?...giving Lowes what it deserves? ...cherry picking?
Really, I don't know what to conclude. i know how I feel about it but I am not sure, anymore(s), what the mores is.

Well, it's damn well lieing, and pretty pathetic at best.

I don't know how it works today, but in 2003 (the last time I moved) I took advantage of the Lowes 10% moving discount package and was not required to use Allied or any other mover. In fact, I had already moved from Iowa (where there were no Lowes) to Arizona when I applied for the discount.

I've never considered pretending to move in order to get the moving discount. I don't think I would be comfortable with that. :)

In July, Homedepot had 10% discount for AARP member. When I went down to request a raincheck for an item, one of the managers gave me a general 10% discount coupon that wasn't part of any association since the AARP was about to expire.

I see this Lowe's moving discount as another marketing compaign to get customers to purchase from them. If you don't think that Lowe's management hopes some people who are not moving will take advantage of this offer then you are very naive about the business mind. In the registration process, one of the entries is "the approx date of move" among the choices,
(1) 90 or more days from now
(2) I don't know yet
(3) I have already moved
There is no place to even enter any actual date (real or fake).
Since I have already moved from a previous location in the past and as well as future plans to move in the future with no date yet, I don't think either answers are "damn" lies.
MJ :angel: :bat:

I got one of those 10% off coupons for Lowe's last year. It didn't say anything about moving expenses. I needed to remodel my condo prior to putting it on the market, so I took the coupon down to Lowe's and just went hog-wild on new appliances, cabinets, and countertops. I think even after the 10%, I blew through around $5600!

They might have different contingencies in the fine print nowadays, though. This was around May of 2004.

Just get a home depot and a lowes credit card.

They'll send you 10% off coupons all the time. And "1 year, no interest, no payment" deals as well.

I bought all the materials for my wifes ex-house (better than ex-wifes house, which would probably be MY ex-house ;) ) remodel that we did last year with a home depot 10% off coupon and the 1 year no pay/no int.

Note that home depot CAPS the amount of the 10% off while a lot of the lowes coupons do not have a cap.

With my marketing hat on, I believe the intent of these coupons is to get people who have just bought their first house, or a house in a new neighborhood, to come in and shop at their store in the hopes you'll like it and stick with it. They make little attempt to ensure you're actually a 'new' person or a 'new' home owner or 'newly moved' and dont seem to care much. If you 'falsely' obtain a coupon and go buy a thousand bucks worth of stuff at their store, I would feel like my marketing mission was accomplished.

Note also that you can often get a home depot or lowes manager to take the 'other guys' coupons. Hit rate on this is VERY high, especially if both have a store in the same town. Ask to see the store manager and ask him/her before you shop, and get their name. Cashier will call up to them when you check out and verify, then have the floor supervisor come over and punch in the discount. Takes a couple of minutes. Well worth it if you make large buys of 'stuff' like I do.

If you just CANT find or get the coupons and are planning on making a large buy, you can get them on ebay for a few bucks.

Hey beachbumz... thats someones one-time-use coupon that they posted and it ended up cross posted on about a hundred web sites. Its for opening a bank of america account; if you do that, they'll give you your own unique one time use coupon code.

If you take that into the store they'll reject it as being already used.

But you might take it into a home depot store and have them honor the competitors coupon.

() said:
Hey beachbumz... thats someones one-time-use coupon that they posted and it ended up cross posted on about a hundred web sites. Its for opening a bank of america account; if you do that, they'll give you your own unique one time use coupon code.

But you might take it into a home depot store and have them honor the competitors coupon.

TH, you beat me to the punch. I took it to Lowes and of course it was rejected.

() said:
Hey beachbumz... thats someones one-time-use coupon that they posted and it ended up cross posted on about a hundred web sites.  Its for opening a bank of america account; if you do that, they'll give you your own unique one time use coupon code.

Thanks TH, I didn't know that! I don't really have a need to shop at Lowes these days, so I haven't used it, I just saw it on the net. That's a good idea about taking it to Home Depot though!!! Of course, I guess we could just open an account with BoA too!

BB

Back
Top Bottom