TurboTax Max Discount Watch

I looked at Fidelity, my credit Union, Amazon, etc. Gave up. Paid the $89 for online TurboTx Premiere because I wanted to see real 2023 1040 projected tax forms in December. No regrets.

Here's the $64.99 Turbo Tax Premiere on Amazon (Disc or Download)

https://www.amazon.com/TurboTax-Premier-Software-Federal-Exclusive/dp/B0CJYJH2YS/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2MA75V970ACDQ&keywords=turbo%2Btax%2Bpremier%2B2023&qid=1703818237&sprefix=turbo%2Btax%2Bpre%2Caps%2C265&sr=8-2&th=1

Just catching up on this thread but it looks like Costco has the best pricing if you need the Deluxe + State and can use the $10 credit toward state filing fees.

https://www.costco.com/turbotax-deluxe-2023-federal-e-file-+-state-download-for-pc/mac,-includes-$10-credit-in-product*.product.4000226892.html

Just catching up on this thread but it looks like Costco has the best pricing if you need the Deluxe + State and can use the $10 credit toward state filing fees.

https://www.costco.com/turbotax-deluxe-2023-federal-e-file-+-state-download-for-pc/mac,-includes-$10-credit-in-product*.product.4000226892.html
Great catch.

I got the physical gift card delivered today. I always thought maybe they did it so you could regift it to someone maybe getting them a new customer though I rather struggle to imagine anyone hasn't shopped there. Perhaps only irregularly though.

That's as good an explanation as any. I wondered about it too, and the $10 gift card was delivered the next day, which seemed an unnecessary expense for Amazon. I promptly spent it on a new battery for the starter on the lawn mower, cutting the cost almost exactly in half.

Of course there was no urgent need for a lawn mower starter battery now, but I didn't need anything else at the moment and it seemed a good idea to use the card before one of us lost it.

Got my $10 [-]bribe[/-] gift card today from Amazon along with Turbotax.

I simply redeemed the gift card to add to my Amazon running gift card total. Even better than cash :).

Thanks all. I got Deluxe (Fed only) for $26.98, net. Plus, my 5% cashback covered most of the sales tax.

Appreciate everyone's input on Deluxe vs Premier. This will be my first time using Deluxe since 2009. I think it should work fine. But I'll come back here to whine if it doesn't.

Gift card hit the front porch about an hour ago. My theory is that the cost of delivering a physical card is more than offset by the value of cards that are never redeemed. But even if it's just breakeven, they know there will be some post-holiday revenue from the cards.

Its back on sale at Amazon today, for $44.99 (deluxe).

That has to be the absolute worst download routine I have ever encountered.

There is something fundamentally wrong with their installation process.

New this year you need to have or create an Intuit account to activate TurboTax. This appears to be Intuits attempt to prevent someone from sharing their activation code without sharing their intuit account. Even if someone trusted a friend with their login credentials so they can install TT on their PC, not sure how that would play out come e-file time. As long as I can do my own families returns (three total) on my PC I'm good to go.

I had a lot of trouble this time too. . . . will buy the disk next year.

Question: if one has been using TT for several years AND PAYING FULL PRICE, as Fidelity customer, is there a way to now take advantage of Fidelity's discount price?

Or do you have start all over with a new TT account?

Question: if one has been using TT for several years AND PAYING FULL PRICE, as Fidelity customer, is there a way to now take advantage of Fidelity's discount price?

Certainly.
I always bought it before they started offering it to me, and still have the same Intuit account.

We never switched. Used an existing TT account to download the Fidelity $5 version of Premier.

And we never paid full price or bought from TurboTax/Intuit. We usually got a discounted version from Costco or Amazon. Nevertheless we still had to log into the TurboTax account for some things each year.

Last edited:

Checking today (thanks to the digest email) and Costco has the $10 Intuit credit included at $65 for Premier and Amazon does not appear to include the credit.

Thanks for the thread!

Kind regards,
Chris

Forgot to add: I use the online version. Not sure if that changes my question

I only use the download version. I don’t think there would be a difference. When you follow the TurboTax link from Fidelity they give you either option and you have to log in to your account to buy it even if free.

I only use the download version. I don’t think there would be a difference. When you follow the TurboTax link from Fidelity they give you either option and you have to log in to your account to buy it even if free.

Thanks audrey1!

I logged in via Fido and see how it works. I had entered my SSA 1099 earlier which came in yesterday and the entry was there so I'm assuming that I can continue entering info without going through the Fido portal and then just do so when it come time to pay. (??)

Thanks audrey1!

I logged in via Fido and see how it works. I had entered my SSA 1099 earlier which came in yesterday and the entry was there so I'm assuming that I can continue entering info without going through the Fido portal and then just do so when it come time to pay. (??)

Yes, sounds like it is already in your TurboTax account if you have started using it already. You may have some history of purchases in your account too.

Originally Posted by FiveDriver View Post

I had a lot of trouble this time too. . . . will buy the disk next year.

The Amazon Purchase went smoothly. Amazon sent an email to me with the License Key, stating that I would find the .exe file in their 'Games and Software Library' and download it to my PC. That process was hunky-dory.

Then I logged into my Intuit Account, and that's when things went off the rails. I expected to see 3 big green buttons labeled --
Install
Activate
Launch

Perhaps my expectations were set too high.

Intuit provides software for a wide range of computer users, from the barely literate, all the way up to Masters Degree Comp Sci graduates. The couple of Programming courses I took in college all emphasized one thing -- Keep the User Interface as simple as possible.

I have my sketchy notes from this installation, but I couldn't tell you exactly how I got TurboTax up and running yesterday.

Next Year's process ought to be a real Hoot !!

I've had an Intuit account forever, to pay for state tax filing.

I guess I'm used to it. I don't even remember having to log in, but I'm sure I did. I had no problems. Maybe I'm just too accommodating to Big Tax Companies. :)

Back
Top Bottom