Marketing Test

GatorBuzz

Recycles dryer sheets
Want to see either how well you pay attention or how indoctrinated you are by clever marketing? Check out this test. I got 19/20, which means I officially need to get a life. Some are ridiculously easy and others are tricky.

cramersweeney.com

at 85% i'm a "smart marketing genius!". sigh. Newspeak, like people who pay their credit card bills in full each month being known in the industry as deadbeats or television ads being known as content.

At 12 out of 20, I am "Smart Marketing Savvy - Looks like somebody's eating their Wheaties!"

Two of the 12 were just good guesses. Some were very old icons from the 1950's. These days, normally I mute and do not watch commercials.

I was 12 of 20... but it took me a bit to realize that they were playing something... I had my computer on mute and 'guessed'...

Funny... some of the ones I missed I picked the major competitor of the one that it represented... go figure...

18 out of 20 for me! Guess I need a life too...wait, I have a life...so I'll chalk it up to good memory, or something.

18 out of 20 for me! Guess I need a life too...wait, I have a life...so I'll chalk it up to good memory, or something.

Yeah, I like to think I have a life, too. This test kinda scared me into thinking otherwise. :p

I guessed on the Etrade one. The Poppin' Fresh one threw me. I've never heard of that, ever.

Got 'em all. Clif and I even even participated in making one of them. :)

Branding is amazing. My son started calling all soda "coke" when he started talking fluently. We dont buy coke and nobody around him has ever called it "coke", we're pepsi drinkers.

But he recognizes coke machines, coke trucks, and everything is coke. He calls pepsi "blue coke", real coke "red coke", and one of his favorites is 7-up which is "white coke".

Mysteriously he pronounces some words with an english accent and some with a new yawkah accent, occasionally some boston thrown in.

I got 19 out of 20 which is amazing considering I only occasionally watch TV and I'm usually reading at the same time .

Mysteriously he pronounces some words with an english accent and some with a new yawkah accent, occasionally some boston thrown in.

Kids are so funny .My So's grandson was over on Saturday and he kept on saying " Don't you do that " and shaking his head .Plus I was reading the book "Honeymoon with my brother " and the front cover has two arms each holding a beer . He came up to the book and started saying DADA . We thought it was hysterical .

17 out of 20, I am "Smart Marketing Savvy - Looks like somebody's eating their Wheaties!" Whoopy-Ding! I would have had 18 but my mouse finger mis-fired once.

Kids are so funny .My So's grandson was over on Saturday and he kept on saying " Don't you do that " and shaking his head .Plus I was reading the book "Honeymoon with my brother " and the front cover has two arms each holding a beer . He came up to the book and started saying DADA . We thought it was hysterical .

Yep, we're getting that. "Dont DO that!", "Get AWAY from me!" and "Take me away from all this!" are the latest. My dad gets all the bossing though. It doesnt work very well with me.

Whenever I walk down the booze aisle and we get close to the champagne section, Gabe always points and says "mama's drink!!!" :D

Branding is amazing. My son started calling all soda "coke" when he started talking fluently. We dont buy coke and nobody around him has ever called it "coke", we're pepsi drinkers.

But he recognizes coke machines, coke trucks, and everything is coke. He calls pepsi "blue coke", real coke "red coke", and one of his favorites is 7-up which is "white coke".

It's not branding per se, but I am absolutely floored when my kids tell me with innocent earnestness that I just absolutely must buy that ladder genie that is like 86 ladders in one. They then proceed to tell me the five major bullet points from the 30-minute-TV-ad-program about why the ladder genie is better than traditional ladders. I gamely tried to explain that I didn't need a ladder, which mostly fell on deaf ears. They finally gave up their quest in some sort of mix of disappointment and bewilderment.

I really wonder why that particular TV-ad-program is so effective.

2Cor521

Ashamed to say I was 17/20 . I have officially been brain washed by the Korperate markiting thugs

17/20 I am bummed. Stupid paper towels and the other two I missed my gut gave me the right answer, but I out thought myself.

The consistently high scores 17 seems to be the mode, really show how powerful branding is. Some of those campaigns haven't been seen in a decade and yet we still remember them.

Some of the most fun I had in my job was watching focus groups. We'd get IT managers who swore, "I don't pay attentions to ads", and then proceed to regurgitate key points directly from our ad copy.

12/20. Apparently Mastercard is for everything else, not Visa. Brawny is not the quicker picker upper. UBS does not have a bull for a mascot. Nor does Telex have a T in a star. I missed all of the sound ones but 'you've got mail'. Even though we could never afford name brand cereal as a kid, I did recognize the frosted flakes. The BMW and Mercedes logos were easy because that's generally what cuts me off every day on the way to work.

17/20, but I got distracted because I thought I had mail, and I answered the dough boy before reading the question.

I just IM'ed it to my mom. She answered 8/20. And, she lives far more frugal than I can ever hope to.

Back
Top Bottom