Massage Chairs?

yakers

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW & I Looked at several at Brookstone and the best ones are wonderful---and expensive. Anyone have one of these or any other massage chair? Looks like COSTCO carries a few models as well. I am just wondering if they will hold up over time and if there is a way to get one below the reatil price, which seems really inflated to me.

No advise as for brands but I have bought enough of those nice to have's to know mine would probably end up as a simple lounge chair at the end so I suggest you make sure you will use it a lot since it costs a bundle.

I don't have one either but most of my friends who bought one end up not using them after a year or so. My club house has it and I use them at the club about twice a month for half an hour each time. They can't really reach the pressure points satisfactorily and my view is that they achieve less than 50% of what a masseur can do. Of course, on the long run, they are cheaper than a masseur if you continue to use it.

Well, these will shake you, but this is not really a massage. In fact, I find it unpleasant. Plus they are a huge eyesore in a room. I recommend saving your money and getting a real massage now and again.

Ha

Last edited:
Bought a Dr. Scholl 10 motor heat massage pad at the resale shop for $4.
Remote control for all (selected) areas head to foot... programmable. Variable vibration. Regular price about $60-$75

Perfect for when it hurts and surprisingly soft and comfy... rolls out and fits recliner perfectly with a strap that goes around the back of the chair.. Rolls up and stores easily when not needed. We've had massage chairs in the past, but usually ended up not using them after a short time. ( Not the expensive kind).

Attachments

• massage.jpg
    massage.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I did have one for several years. I liked it and did use the massage. The real reason we ended up getting rid of it is that it was cloth, not leather, and the cloth wore (with some help from our cats) and so we replaced it. But that was after we owned it for maybe 6 years or so.

The only negative is that you have to be near an outlet and you have to position it so no one will trip over it.

Back
Top Bottom