Men who do housework may get more sex

and they were doing what? playing pinochle? >:D

I really couldn't see what was going on in the front seat. :D But all the windows were steamed up.

The summer of 65, the car, 65 Mustang, yellow convertible, 289, 4 speed. Chased a lot of girls, drank a lot of beer and burned a lot of gas that summer. :cool:

And sex in a Mustang is quite doable. I'm not sure about those little Pinto based ones they were trying to foist on us in the mid 70's, but the earlier ones worked fine. You had to avoid the back seat and have one of the windows down, but no problem.

Had 2 of the early "big" Mustangs when I was much younger. Sex in them might be doable, but it is not comfortable.

Now a '40 Ford coupe is far superior. You remove the panel between the trunk and the passenger compartment. A mattress fits in there very nicely. The package tray between the seat and rear window covers up any activity. My 1st of 3 '40 Ford coupes was acquired in 1961. Present '40 is not so equipped.

A friend and I had stopped to see another friend back in about 1963. His father said our friend was at work. During the conversation his father made some comment about wondering why his son had replaced a perfectly good seat in his '50 Chev coupe with one from a Rambler. My friend and I laughed and said that was because the Rambler seat folded down into a bed. The next day when we saw our mutual friend he told us his dad had removed and burned his seat. We felt bad but didn't tell what we had told his dad. Oops!

Big back seats were the "thing" when I learned to drive. Did my drivers test in a 53 Packard Clipper that had a back seat the size of a living room sofa. What a beast of a car, 4400 pounds of iron and steel. The engine was a flathead straight 8, 327 cid, smooth as glass.

Last edited:
Big back seats were the "thing" when I learned to drive. Did my drivers test in a 53 Packard Clipper that had a back seat the size of a living room sofa. What a beast of a car, 4400 pounds of iron and steel. The engine was a flathead straight 8, 327 cid, smooth a glass.

You mean one of these?

1953PackardClipperClubCoupe.jpg

Yep, that was it. Almost the same color too, maybe a little more like pea soup green. That beast had a steering wheel as big as one on a grayhound bus.

How about this one?

1953PackardClipperSpecial3.jpg

Last edited:
i was 11 in 1969 and not backseat age yet.
i was referring to years of the Mustangs that i tested the backseat thing in.

and that's all i got to say about that...:p

I have some very fond memories of a '68 Mustang that I had in college . . .

How about this one?

1953PackardClipperSpecial3.jpg

That was it Steve. Even down to the chrome tail fins. As I remember my dad saying, all the chrome on this vintage Packard was actually nickel because of the shortage of chrome during the Korean war. Not sure if that is true, or not. As I remember it ate radiators and exhaust systems.

What a ride. :D

Back
Top Bottom