Men who do housework may get more sex

Lets invert this article title: Men Who Get More Sex May Do More Housework.

Hmmm, makes me wonder if we ladies should make a list. One of these for that, two of those and maybe that. ;)

Nothing more sexy than seeing a man doing the dishes. >:D
I don't do dishes. That's the dishwasher's job (yes I do rinse them off before I put them in there). :p ... and yes I'm the man of the house.

Hey, I'm not picky. If there is a cleaner and towel involved, I'm in the mood.:D

I don't buy it, personally. Maybe this is true for the older generation, but those of us in Gen X and younger are generally expected to do housework, take care of the kids, etc. in addition to working. If you are lucky, you might have 5 minutes left to collapse on the couch unmolested, let alone any thoughts of nookie.

I don't buy it, personally. Maybe this is true for the older generation, but those of us in Gen X and younger are generally expected to do housework, take care of the kids, etc. in addition to working. If you are lucky, you might have 5 minutes left to collapse on the couch unmolested, let alone any thoughts of nookie.

and you young guys are doing a great job . I'm amazed at watching my SO's sons with their children . They sometimes do more than the mother .

Why?
Even after I load the dishwasher, sit down for a snack, and then put the kids to bed (at least 3 of the 4 kids every night), I've still got enough energy. That is unless I've got to work on the bills. I kinda loose interest at that point.

and you young guys are doing a great job . I'm amazed at watching my SO's sons with their children . They sometimes do more than the mother .

Doesn't do much for my libido, though.

First, let me preface all comments with saying I lived on my own in a city where I knew no one except co-workers for close to 2 years. My wife moved from her mothers apartment to my apartment and never lived on her own.

I will share with you some humor, then draw some conclusions.

All of below are TRUE stories

Wife was folding my laundry for first time and asked why I kept underwear which had a hole in it. Puzzled, I came over and she had her finger going through the pocket of my briefs. 2 minutes after getting myself off the floor, In explained to her how a urinal works.

I was sick and had a sore throat, and I asked for a cup of tea. Wife asked me how to make it.

I use brick cheese and wife wanted to make a grilled cheese sandwich. She asked where my cheese slices were in the fridge, I handed her a cheese slicer. She asked how it worked.

I think men who have lived on their own do not follow the stereotype of the article. I do around 33% of the laundry- especially if I know what uniform I need for a given day (I coach many soccer teams for many clubs, if I need a particular color clean, I run the laundry myself). I do all the lawn work. I do most of the vacuuming too. I really wanted a dyson (I have allergies) and because I did most of the vacuuming already, the large expense of the vacuum made sense to my wife. I do some of the cooking, but my wife has learned quite much in 8 years, where she is close to as good of a cook as her mother. I also make 33% more money than she does from my day job. Yet the marriage is equal and I won't talk about the sex beyond this comment.

I think the issue is from a young age we give girls everything and let them do what they want. I see a micro society of this with girls soccer teams. Parents let their daughters do everything. Track, soccer, basketball, volleyball, dance, chorus, band and they need to be A students too. Then that daughter gets on her own (in college or after college) and wonders who will do all those little things for them.

The best thing adults can do is teach kids responsibility. Nothing comes for free, and earn the respect of others around you by contributing your share. Then the sex is better for both (or all 3??) people involved.

DW created a "chore" board with 4 evening chores for the 4 of us (2 kids).

Now, the chores are expected - I used to get "points"....

Hhmmm - I don't like this change.

Yeah, it's a sorry state of affairs....:p....:D

You're a woman........you can fix this situation........;)

Of course, it's easy to talk smack as an old married guy...........:D

Back
Top Bottom