More T-Mobile Goodness: Netflix On Us

tulak

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
It looks like T-Mobile 55+ plan doesn't qualify. But for those that are on a regular T-Mobile One plan, this is your lucky day.

T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) today unveiled the company’s latest industry-changing Un-carrier move: Netflix On Us. Through an exclusive new partnership with Netflix, T-Mobile ONE family plans will now come with Netflix — at absolutely no extra charge.

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/tmobile-uncarrier-netflix.htm

This does make me wonder what T-Mobile gets out of the deal? Is Netflix required to share user viewing data with T-Mobile? Does this mean that T-Mobile is now collecting more data about their users? And if so, what are they planning to do with all this data?

I suspect that T-Mobile has some plan to monetize this offer. I find it hard to believe that they're doing it only to get more customers. But on the flip-side, do I really care?

just tried contacting t-mobile to ask about this offer. They are swamped. message said they will try to get back to me some time today.

just tried contacting t-mobile to ask about this offer. They are swamped. message said they will try to get back to me some time today.

I think you have to wait until the 12th to sign-up.

Starting Tuesday, September 12th, qualifying T-Mobile ONE customers can activate their Netflix subscription online, in-store or by calling T-Mobile’s award winning customer care.

I went online T-mobile today to see about turning on the free Netflix option. And I saw a list of restricted plans (see below).

I have a feeling we fall into the "T-Mobile ONE 2 lines for $100 tax inclusive" because that's what we are paying before our additional $20 rebate for using less than 2G data per line.

Our plan is called "2 lines TMO ONE All In Promo" and is $110 minus $10 for autopay.

I was not able to "see my plan" to see if I could turn on the Netflix option. "We are currently having trouble with your request. Please wait a few minutes and try again" it's been like that all day.

I'll check tomorrow I guess.

“Netflix On Us” is exclusively available to T-Mobile One family plans. That means the following plans are not eligible for “Netflix On Us”:

T-Mobile @Work
T-Mobile ONE Voice with a single line
T-Mobile ONE 2 lines for $100 tax inclusive
T-Mobile ONE Unlimited 55+ tax inclusive
No Credit Check
Prepaid
Any tax excluded plans
Any Mobile Internet plans (including DIGITS, LineLink, and Wearable)

Now it makes sense, they are using the "you can pay me now or pay me later" method, it's going to the customer they already make lots of money on.

OK - I finally got to take a look.

To get Netflix, we would have to switch to a plan that costs $20 more a month. Short on the details too. Never mind!!!

Back
Top Bottom