T-Mobile One Unlimited 55+

Yeah I don't know if they'd charge you for 611 calls while roaming.
Well they did on one to our surprise. But not on the other because I was using WiFi calling.

Well actually I don’t think we dialed 611 but called some technical support number directly.

It should be fine for small stuff out and about like updating maps, google searches, email etc. You’ll probably get higher than that in the city as it defaults to higher speeds if the lowest isn’t available.

+1
I've never had the slightest problem with the speed. So far in England, Scotland, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Czechia, and Switzerland. In some cases it even beats the wifi available!

It should be fine for small stuff out and about like updating maps, goggle searches, email etc. You’ll probably get higher than that in the city as it defaults to higher speeds if the lowest isn’t available.

Save the intense web surfing for back at the hotel or somewhere with decent WiFi. Even some trains have WiFi. Most airports, etc.

In all our Europe travels we never ended up buying the high speed package that is available.

Grazie tutti! I will save maps and other big items ahead of time either at home or via hotel wifi.

Hotel wifi can be poor. It rarely exceeds 10 Mbps and often is under 5 Mbps.

If I stay more than 3 days in a country I will buy a prepaid SIM for my iPad, which can be used to connect other devices.

For a day or two, T-Mobile will have to suffice.

Note that if you pay the $10 extra for "Plus", you get 256Kb/s. I never had a problem with T-M data during my multi-country European trip last fall, other than in Reykjavik, where I sometimes couldn't get a signal at all.

Yeah I have the Plus on one of my lines but not both. It's $10 extra per line.

I got the Plus mainly for the other benefit, which is 10 GB of full speed hot spot use, rather than 3G hot spot speeds.

Hotel wifi can be poor. It rarely exceeds 10 Mbps and often is under 5 Mbps.

If I stay more than 3 days in a country I will buy a prepaid SIM for my iPad, which can be used to connect other devices.

For a day or two, T-Mobile will have to suffice.

We have rarely had trouble with hotel WiFi in Europe unless out in the sticks, but then we’re not trying to watch video either.

You can buy a certain number of days of international high speed from T-mobile if really needed, but your total data limit probably wouldn’t support a lot of video either.

Last edited:
Note that if you pay the $10 extra for "Plus", you get 256Kb/s. I never had a problem with T-M data during my multi-country European trip last fall, other than in Reykjavik, where I sometimes couldn't get a signal at all.

That’s what we ultimately got as part of a free promo package.

But we were fine with the original lower speed version too.

I'm being billed $70 but one of the lines has One Plus.

Apparently the 55+ plan is now $70.
Yes - there was a deadline - was it 3/15? - after which the price increased to $70 for new customers.

Folks who got it before then should still get the $60. T-Mobile tends to keep prices the same for folks who have already subscribed to something.

Last edited:
The price increased on April 1 I believe, but if you got in under the wire the $60 rate is fixed for life ( or so they claim)

That's one of the nice things about T-Mobile; only you can change your rate (by changing your plan).
The Un-contract is our commitment that only you can change what you pay and we mean it!

Yes - there was a deadline - was it 3/15? - after which the price increased to $70 for new customers.

Folks who got it before then should still get the $60. T-Mobile tends to keep prices the same for folks who have already subscribed to something.

Yes, we still get the $60 deal for the time being. I think T-Mobile figures that when 5G hits in a few years, a lot of the $60 people will be willing to give it up to get the higher speed of 5G. IIRC, they only promise LTE service for the $60. Of course, there are LBYM cheapskates like me who will keep the $60 plan.

Even at $70 for two phones it's still a great deal if one uses a lot of data.

Last edited:
Yes I opted in for the $10 extra, to get 10 GB of personal hotspot on one of the lines.

For those needing coverage in rural areas, looks like T-Mobile has exaggerated some of it's coverage. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...e-ring-tones-on-rural-u-s-calls-idUSKBN1HN2IV
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - T-Mobile USA Inc agreed to pay $40 million on Monday to resolve government claims that it failed to fix problems completing phone calls in rural areas and used false ring tones, which are banned, to give the impression faulty calls were actually getting through, the Federal Communications Commission said.

New T Mobile Customer update

The DW and I were able to get in under the wire and purchase the $60 per month 55+ plan. So far, about 5 weeks, we cannot tell a difference compared to our prior service, Cricket (AT&T). We are in the Atlanta area and I have traveled to rural south Alabama, rural mid Georgia, rural south Florida (Everglades). We have also been to Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and New Orleans. Yes, it has been a hectic few weeks.

I got a better signal in rural south Alabama than with AT&T (US 29 from Tuskegee to Troy). I was traveling with a friend in the Everglades. And, as expected his Verizon phone had a signal more of the time than I. Although on the same trip, group texts came through to my T Mobile phone faster than his Verizon phone.

From my limited 5 week test, I would say T Mobile has been as good or better than AT&T but as expected the coverage is not as good as Verizon.

Keep in mind, I made sure my new phone, Moto G 5+, was optimized for the newer T Mobile bands.

Caller names?

I didn't know about that feature. I thought it was the way iOS displayed caller ID.

I get some "Scam Likely" labels on some incoming calls.

The ONE Plus plan gets you: Unlimited HD streaming, 10GB LTE tethering, 2X data speed abroad (256K vs. 128), Unlimited in-flight WiFi on GoGo flights, Voicemail to text and Name ID (https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-23551 but some of the features aren't available on iOS.)

Without this, you only get the name if it's in your contact list with that number (since cellular calls don't send caller name).

Yes I opted in for the $10 extra, to get 10 GB of personal hotspot on one of the lines.

That and faster international data plus caller names. I did it too.

I'm glad it was mentioned here. I added Plus to my 55+ plan as well. It took five minutes on the T-Mobile website, so no hassle and I will appreciate it. DW doesn't use her phone nearly as much as I do when we travel, so she didn't want the upgrade, and I just added my line.

We used TMobile for past year but switched to Verizon when we went full time RVing. Too many dead areas with TM

We have 4 devices that are cellular enabled. Does anyone know what T Mobile charges for this?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom