Mothers, wives of war wounded make sacrifices

Wags

Full time employment: Posting here.
An interesting read in a this USA Today article "Mothers, wives of war wounded make sacrifices"

Mothers, wives of war wounded make sacrifices - USATODAY.com

A couple of paragraphs from the USA article

The sacrifices of injured soldiers, airmen and Marines are recognized with medals and commendations. But the mothers and wives who arrive here wide-eyed and afraid make their own sacrifices — abandoning jobs and homes and delaying retirement to help their wounded children reclaim their lives.

"The women here are the heroes, every bit the heroes as their soldiers," said Judith Markelz, who runs a 4-year-old program to aid the families of injured soldiers sent here for treatment. "These kids could not survive without their women."

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS, OUR VETERANS and THEIR FAMILIES:angel:

I just came across this article/slideshow on Washington D.C - Walter Reed and Beyond - CALL GOD FOR HELP

Walter Reed and Beyond (washingtonpost.com)

Excerpt from the slideshow/piece

Spc. Roberto Reyes, Jr. was injured when a makeshift bomb exploded under his Humvee leaving him partially blind, paralyzed and brain damaged. Now his mother, aunt and cousin care for him as he prays daily for respite from his pain.

End of excerpt.

A truly touching story.

GOD BLESS AS ALL:angel:

Last edited:
My brother related a comment made last week by an officer in the medical service now assigned to a VA facility, "I don't know that we are doing some of them any favors keeping them alive."

Back
Top Bottom