Musical Moods

I too like almost all types of music except RAP and Hip-hop; I don't consider those to be music. Today I have been digging into my Mother's old 78s and listening to Les Paul, yesterday was Grateful Dead. I just recently got my hands on a cartridge for my Dual turntable that will play the old 78s.

I also have eclectic tastes, from big band to jazz to Grateful Dead to Hawkwind to Tangerine Dream. But I've actually gotten into a little rap too. I followed the standard white boy path, starting with Blondie's Rapture, then some Red Hot Chili Peppers, followed by Aerosmith/Run DMC's Walk This Way, and then getting real with Geto Boys doing Damn it feels Good to be a Gansta (from Office Space). Then got into the Black Eyed Peas and Skrillex, who I'm going to see at Okeechobee Fest in a couple of weeks. I guess Skrillex is more Dubstep than rap, but he crosses over sometimes too. Dance like it hurts to stand still.

My DW and DD as well as my friends think I've gone off the deep end. But I've decided there's something to enjoy in every genre. Even Country.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom