My annual obligation to ER.org

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I've posted this around the holidays for the past several years. A few people suggested I do it every year. So...

It still brings me tears of joy, I'd have spontaneously combusted had I been there in person. I hope you enjoy it (again). Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays.

Thanks! I was just thinking about trying to find this video a couple of days ago.

Thank you. I loved it too! Merry Christmas to you also.

These are great. I could have walked down to the Air Force show but there is no way they could announce these things or there would be a monster audience flash mob.

A few people suggested I do it every year. So...

It still brings me tears of joy, I'd have spontaneously combusted had I been there in person. I hope you enjoy it (again). Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays.

I enjoyed it again for the 3rd or 4th time, as much as the first time, keep it up :) Too much negative stuff in the news leaves me asking why, this brings great pleasure.

Thanks Midpack, I wish you and yours, along with everyone here at er.org, a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Holiday, etc. Maybe the world could learn something about how folks get along around here. :)

oldphd

My younger brother from Jersey and I were just leaving the Blacksmith Brewery in Stevi on Saturday afternoon when we stepped aside at the doorway to allow in a portly gent dressed in red and white carrying a tuba.

Just then a commotion was heard at the other exit where three other similarly attired gents appeared carrying another tuba and bassoons. No piano was evident.

The first Santa produced a music stand out of one of his pockets and proceeded to lead the group in a medley of uplifting seasonal favorites. There wasn't a dry eye in the house.

okay, not as moving as the navy flash band but one takes what one gets when living in flyover country.

In such videos, I'm always faintly amused the spectators don't notice the professional quality videography happening around them. Weren't the tripods a clue? I also wonder why the sound quality never varies, despite changes in camera position and no sound equipment shown in any of the shots. Oh, and the luck to have cameras trained on doors where the performers would spontaneously emerge. It's also amazing those who captured this scene were all shooting with equipment which, after post processing, matched as if it were planned that way.

Of course it was planned. Sweet, touching, good music, but the video was as orchestrated (no pun intended) as any commercial shoot. Makes sense, as it was done by a Spanish banking group.

Superb!

Thank you. This is the first time I have seen this. Please continue to post it each year.

It is a wonderful transition to the Christmas/Holiday season!

-gauss

Thank you both for the videos you posted. They brought true joy to my week and, I am sure, countless others. Merry Christmas to everyone on ER.org and thanks for all each of you has shared. You have also enriched the lives of more people than you can imagine. May God continue to bless each of us in 2017.

Beanctr88

Last edited:
I've posted this around the holidays for the past several years. A few people suggested I do it every year. So...

oh wow. yes, please keep sharing. Thank you.

In such videos, I'm always faintly amused the spectators don't notice the professional quality videography happening around them. Weren't the tripods a clue? I also wonder why the sound quality never varies, despite changes in camera position and no sound equipment shown in any of the shots. Oh, and the luck to have cameras trained on doors where the performers would spontaneously emerge. It's also amazing those who captured this scene were all shooting with equipment which, after post processing, matched as if it were planned that way.

Of course it was planned. Sweet, touching, good music, but the video was as orchestrated (no pun intended) as any commercial shoot. Makes sense, as it was done by a Spanish banking group.
Of course it's planned, but most of the audience may not realize it in the moment. If you were in the audience you might be focused on the musicians, not looking around for cameras and mics. Quality video and audio can be taken with some pretty inconspicuous equipment these days, pros use GoPros these days for some shots. And adjusting sound and video in post production is easy, most YouTubers can do it (I can do it with free software).

Sorry if you didn't like it.

Last edited:
Just beautiful. Thank you for your annual contribution for all of us to enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom