Myths we live by!

languagefan

Recycles dryer sheets
I was reading about DBT and came across the following and thought it's worth sharing:
MYTHS WE LIVE BY!
____1. There is a right way to feel in every situation.
____2. Letting others know that I am feeling bad is a weakness.
____3. Uncomfortable feelings are bad and destructive.
____4. Being emotional means being out of control.
____5. All painful emotions are a result of a bad attitude.
____6. If others don’t approve of how I am feeling, I obviously shouldn’t feel the way that I do.
____7. Other people are the best judge of how I am feeling.
____8. Painful emotions are not really important and should be ignored.
Can you think of any other myths?

ERs staying late in bed pondering "What I'll do all day".

I read it on the Internet so it must be true. (this forum excluded of course :LOL:)

I wouldn't do surgery on myself so why would I think I can handle my own investments?

Conversely, people who do not drive fancy and new cars must not have any extra money, be envious of people with better cars, and will have to work till they die.

Last edited:
You can't possibly be having the best retirement experience ever, if you aren't paying megabucks for the privilege of dragging yourself all over the world. Again.

After all, we all have a deep seated inner need to [-]travel[/-] be treated like cattle and pay for it. Why stay at home where things are as you wish them to be, when you can be bored to tears and endure "luxury" conditions that are an absolute nightmare?

Last edited:
You have to go to restaurants to have good meals, because you simply cannot do the same at home.

Back
Top Bottom