NBA playoff predictions?

Another thing that gets me about the NBA is the extra step a player is allowed when driving to the basket. I only watched maybe the last 5 minutes plus OT, but I saw at least 2 obvious traveling violations that was not called. One on each team. But I guess it is just accepted like the phantom 2nd base tag in baseball.

Another thing that gets me about the NBA is the extra step a player is allowed when driving to the basket. I only watched maybe the last 5 minutes plus OT, but I saw at least 2 obvious traveling violations that was not called. One on each team. But I guess it is just accepted like the phantom 2nd base tag in baseball.

Especially in the lane area. Ginobli took 4 steps late in the game then gets whacked across the arm and is complaining. Of course, neither of the offenses drew a whistle.

I like the way the refs are letting them play the "big boy" game. It's been that way for awhile I guess, but since I don't watch the NBA that much I still amazed at how rough it is, especially in the paint. And, the shooting percentage is really up there. How about Green and those three pointers?
It's like they never miss.

I yearn for the Bird/Magic days - I loved the NBA back then. Too many hoodlums and thugs in the game today - I don't even bother to watch.

Go Bruins!

I yearn for the Bird/Magic days - I loved the NBA back then. Too many hoodlums and thugs in the game today - I don't even bother to watch.

Go Bruins!

I forgot which 80s Laker/Celtics final series it was but there was one, where the Celtics played thug ball at the Forum. I was watching highlights of it the other day. Bird and company shoving and pushing the Lakers up into the stands. Almost a brawl. It worked...they won that game. That was a very physical game.

I was referring more to players' off-court behavior than physical play on the court. I'm fine with a physical game as long as it is called evenly for both sides.

Pretty entertaining hockey game on NBC right now.

A very good one.. I had a nice bet put down on Hawks winning series at minus 135. I had a bad feeling after their lucky game one win and bought back on Boston at plus 230 and walked away with a locked in $200 profit. The puck bounces crazy in hockey, so who knows.

Back
Top Bottom