Need a potato receipe

C

Cut-Throat

I have a 10 lb. bag of Potatoes that are going to spoil if I don't use them up. Anyone have a good receipe for Potato soup or some other way to use them up?

Here's a recipe for a couple of potatoes ...

Attachments

• MrandMrsPotatoHead.JPG
    MrandMrsPotatoHead.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 8
  • MrandMrsPotatoHead.JPG_thumb
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
This one came in the Cougar Cheese I just got. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds good. If you don't have any Cougar Cheese any hard, sharp cheese would work.

IMG_4801-755996.JPG

2 feet of 2 inch dia. PVC or ABS pressure rated pipe
1 foot of 3 inch dia. PVc or ABS pressure rated pipe
screw off end cap for 3 inch pipe (note: clean out plug may be used)
slip to threaded 3 inch fitting
3 to 2 in reducer
PVC or ABS cement (note: do NOT mix PVC pipes with ABS pipes or fitting, only use PVC cement on PVC and ABS on ABS)
BBQ ignitor
2 drywall screws
hair spray
plenty of spuds

Calls for bakers, but I've used others and the end result was good.

Roasted Garlic Potato Soup:

6 medium baking potatoes (2 lbs.) peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon pepper
6 cloves garlic, peeled
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 cup whole milk
Salt
4 ounces Colby, cheddar, or desired cheese, thinly slices (1 cup)

Preheat oven to 425. Place potatoes in shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle with pepper. Stir to coat. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes. Turn potatoes with metal spatula. Toss in garlic cloves. Bake about 20 minutes or until potatoes are browned.

In a 3-quart saucepan heat remaining oil. Sauté onions for 5 minutes.

Set aside 1 cup of roasted potatoes. Add remaining potatoes and garlic and stir in broth and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.

Spoon half of broth mixture into a blender; blend until nearly smooth. Repeat with remaining mixture; return all to pot. Stir in milk and season with salt to taste. Ladle into bowls and top with reserved roasted potatoes.

Hey CT--

Go to the Foodnetwork web page www.foodnetwork.com and type in "potatoes" in the search for recipes section. I popped up 2,534 recipes for you to look at. There is also a recipe search on epicurious.com

Being on the gram diet, potatoes are just a pleasant memory :'(

Professor

THIS SPUDS FOR YOU!

HA HA HA

I like the Joy of Cooking Potato Leek Soup recipe. I don't have it handy and don't actually refer to it to make the soup anymore. But it is essentially: sautee 3 diced leeks, add 5 C chicken broth and bring to boil, slice up and add three large bakers and simmer for 30 minutes. Run the results through a blender and add chucks of ham, kielbasa, choriso or something to serve. Appropriate salt & peper, a touch of nutmeg, some cream if you like it rich (I don't).

donheff said:
I like the Joy of Cooking Potato Leek Soup recipe. I don't have it handy and don't actually refer to it to make the soup anymore. But it is essentially: sautee 3 diced leeks, add 5 C chicken broth and bring to boil, slice up and add three large bakers and simmer for 30 minutes. Run the results through a blender and add chucks of ham, kielbasa, choriso or something to serve. Appropriate salt & peper, a touch of nutmeg, some cream if you like it rich (I don't).

How I envy people who can cook (and recite recipes) from memory! Cooking is definitely something I want to learn when I ER.

This is simple and delicious:
  • Cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes. (I keep the skins on.)
  • Mix 1 tbsp mustard with 2 tbsp of olive oil (for 3 pounds of potatoes).
  • Mix the potatoes in with the mustard/oil sauce.
  • Bake at 350oF for 40-60 min. (Until the sauce is baked dry onto the cubes.)

Thanks for all your suggestions! I went with the following recipe and it turned out very good! :p

img_439913_0_c6a1508d0ddf529ebf174fc53f4cccc2.jpg

So, what did ya do with the other eight pounds of spuds? Or did you multiply the recipe by five and send it to work with DW in a thermos for a week?

Yum - sounds good. But I have to know: Did you fill in the blank on "my IQ is 140/genius"?

I'll second that joy of cooking potato leek soup recipe. DW made it the other day, and it was great.

I've made a potato/carrot/asparagus soup a few times that perty damn good...

Boil the stuff until tender, drain most of the water, smash some of the the taters and carrots for a thicker the base, add milk 'n' butter, season to taste, and viola...

Back
Top Bottom