Netflix movie or show suggestion

I'm curious about it, but I have read that a lot of folks had the intention of watching just one or two episodes and ended up binge watching the entire thing so I am going to wait until the DW is home in case it's THAT GOOD. :D

DW and I have watched the whole thing. It was great! Highly recommended. Scary monster movie with a huge homage to Spielberg.

I've only watched the first episode of Stranger Things, but definitely plan to watch all of it, for several reasons. First, I love these kinds of shows... mysterious, creepy, supernatural or sci-fi horror, etc. Second, some of the outdoor scenes where the kids are riding their bikes were filmed in the neighborhood where I grew up, right on the street where my childhood home is (and where my dad still lives)!

I've only watched the first episode of Stranger Things, but definitely plan to watch all of it, for several reasons. First, I love these kinds of shows... mysterious, creepy, supernatural or sci-fi horror, etc. Second, some of the outdoor scenes where the kids are riding their bikes were filmed in the neighborhood where I grew up, right on the street where my childhood home is (and where my dad still lives)!
I did read that much of it (maybe all?) Is filmed in Georgia (not much of a surprise these days). About a year ago, they shut down my Dad's street for a day to film a car chase. I sat out front watching and hoping it would be exciting, but not so much. I need to try and remember the movie...it should be coming out soon. It would be interesting to see how it looks after the magic of editing.

Funny too that it's supposed to be another state but I have read some folks post that there are references to Cartersville and the Etowah River in the show.

Roswell was crazy yesterday, they are filming a Netflix series that will star Jason Bateman.

Sent via mobile device. Please excuse any grammatical errors.

Watched "The Big Short" last night on Netflix. Very good and well paced, and the movie makers made it easier to follow the complexities of the financial instruments than the book did.

Been watching "The Last Kingdom". If you like Vikings on History Channel and Game of Thrones on HBO, this has elements of each. Plus it gives you something to watch until the next season of either of those two shows starts. :)

Been watching "The Last Kingdom". If you like Vikings on History Channel and Game of Thrones on HBO, this has elements of each. Plus it gives you something to watch until the next season of either of those two shows starts. :)

Finished up Episode 8 last night. Absolutely LOVED is. Actually preferred this over GOT ... Ended up Binge Watching The Last Kingdom in 2 nights :LOL: Looks like they got the go ahead for Season #2, but it won't be coming out till 2017 :mad:

I'm now in the midst of Stranger Things ... Its alright ... After 2 episodes, I'm still not really in to it, but we'll see.

Also plan to start the new Limitless series tonight! :cool:

I really enjoyed Love, which Netflix has the first season of. A quirky gen-x love story with occasional bong rips - really hit home ;)

I haven't gone back to see if this has been mentioned, but we just finished Happy Valley and really enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I'm curious about it, but I have read that a lot of folks had the intention of watching just one or two episodes and ended up binge watching the entire thing so I am going to wait until the DW is home in case it's THAT GOOD. :D
Yep, I came here to write about Stranger things, and it looks like a few folks here have already found it and enjoyed it. We started watching it two days ago and we are hooked! Wayward Pines was great (the way TV show "Lost" was, except that Wayward Pines actually placed some solid, explainable reasons behind their strangeness, while Lost had lots of bells and whistles of strangeness, but came short on the explainable occurrences.) and Stranger Things comes second to that. All good.

Last edited:
Watching Hell On Wheels right now. It's an AMC series, I think 73 episodes. Still on the first season and enjoying it. It's about building the railroad back in the 1800s. Not a historically accurate portrayal but enjoying the characters and the story.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Yep, I came here to write about Stranger things, and it looks like a few folks here have already found it and enjoyed it. We started watching it two days ago and we are hooked! Wayward Pines was great (the way TV show "Lost" was, except that Wayward Pines actually placed some solid, explainable reasons behind their strangeness, while Lost had lots of bells and whistles of strangeness, but came short on the explainable occurrences.) and Stranger Things comes second to that. All good.

Yep...I will say that "Stanger Things" has not disappointed. We are on episode 4 and will most likely finish it up this week. I watched one episode of "Love" and not sure about it...it's a maybe. I will give it one more episode to see if it's worth continuing. We are also enjoying "Catastrophe" (I think that is a Amazon one though) and when the DW is downstairs getting her workout on, I have been watching "Arrested Development"...an oldie but goodie!

DH watched the second season of Bloodline and loved it. I had watched the first season which at least started on the light side (family and friends are to celebrate an anniversary, pretty Key West resort), but this one was just too dark for me. I see a third season has been ordered.

Marco Polo Season 2
Costumes and Intrigue - what's not to like?

DH watched the second season of Bloodline and loved it. I had watched the first season which at least started on the light side (family and friends are to celebrate an anniversary, pretty Key West resort), but this one was just too dark for me. I see a third season has been ordered.

Got started (Bloodline), but everybody's so freaked out it's hard to take!

Marco Polo Season 2
Costumes and Intrigue - what's not to like?

I really enjoyed the Singapore actor who played the evil Chinese chancellor Jai Sidao. And I could actually understand his English! Too bad he won't be back.

I haven't gone back to see if this has been mentioned, but we just finished Happy Valley and really enjoyed it.

+1 Watched the first 2 seasons. very good. the writer is planning a 3rd season but will be awhile. the bad guy in this series is the priest in grantchester. He is good.

�������� for "Hell on Wheels." It's a great series; final episode just aired.

Also, �������� for "The Bridge" (original Danish version) and "The Night Manager". Too bad they're each just two seasons.

Just started watching "Penny Dreadful" and man is it dark! I like it but, it might not be for everyone.

Last edited:
I tried Penny Dreadful. Couldn't take it. DH looked at me like I was insane for making him watch 30 mins of it.

Watching Apocalypse The Second World War. It's a Smithsonian Channel documentary of six shows using original footage to chronicle WWII. Excellent show that gives you a real view of the war.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Finished Season Two of Marco Polo. Liked it a lot. Better than Season 1, in my opinion.
Benedict Wong is still killing it as Kublai Khan.

Also have been watching Au Service de la France (A Very Secret Service).
A Netflix original sitcom based in the French Secret Service in the 60's.
Sort of like a cross between Get Smart, Mad Men and The Pink Panther.

C'est tres drole.

Borgen. Danish TV serial. Political drama. Spoken in Danish with English subtitles. I find it riveting. Full of attractive people and of course that beautiful Danish language.

DH is glued to Jessica Jones right now. "Fallen" superhero trying to get her life together and chase down a really bad dude while doing mildly superhero-ish things in NYC.
Definitely jumps right into some, ahem, mature content. Fair warning.

Back
Top Bottom