Netflix movie or show suggestion

I can't believe this, but we've been quite entertained by Scandal since late season 2, now early season 3. I don't actually care much for the lead actors as they seem weak - the woman playing Olivia Pope and the man playing the president, but the remaining cast has been a lot of fun and continues to grow on me. Wild, wacky, nonsensical at times (often, actually) but highly entertaining.

I can't believe this, but we've been quite entertained by Scandal since late season 2, now early season 3. I don't actually care much for the lead actors as they seem weak - the woman playing Olivia Pope and the man playing the president, but the remaining cast has been a lot of fun and continues to grow on me. Wild, wacky, nonsensical at times (often, actually) but highly entertaining.
Is this on DVD? I don't see "The Scandal" on streaming.

+1. The show is kind of crazy, but rather addicting. My favorite characters are Olivia's dad, Huck and Cyrus just to name a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

+1. The show is kind of crazy, but rather addicting. My favorite characters are Olivia's dad, Huck and Cyrus just to name a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
It got a lot more entertaining for me once Jake Ballard showed up! ;)

I really like Huck too, especially with his sidekick Quinn.

Couldn't stand Cyrus at first, but he's great now. And I love his battles with the First Lady.

Even David Rosen is a hoot.

Love the deep black ops angle.

I've just started watching The Heavy Water War. A Norwegian production about the heavy water plant in Norway and Nazi Germany's nuclear bomb project. So far, it's interesting.

Also, I'm working my way through Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories. It all centres around a late night restaurant and the various patrons. Each episode takes one patrons story and follows it through.

No - it's on streaming we don't do DVDs. Scandal (no the). Don't know why you don't see it.
We watch it on cable but the day after the season opener, we got a message from Netflix saying episode 1 was available.

Watching Sense8 on Netflix. Awesome story. "Eight strangers from around the globe suddenly begin to communicate telepathically, but soon discover their gift also makes them targets."

Watching Sense8 on Netflix. Awesome story. "Eight strangers from around the globe suddenly begin to communicate telepathically, but soon discover their gift also makes them targets."
And their gift also allows remote orgies! Some may shy away, for that reason.

Yeah, that mind-melding stuff gets them twisted up like balls of multi-sexual earthworms. Not something to watch with your dear old parents. or anyone else. I found it a bit much.

Yeah, that mind-melding stuff gets them twisted up like balls of multi-sexual earthworms. Not something to watch with your dear old parents. or anyone else. I found it a bit much.

Some major LGBT angles too that some folks may not care for.

But we've been enjoying it - especially the international aspects and the slow plot reveals.

It's "out there" but very well crafted and cast.

Last edited:
The first bunch of episodes were OK. It became less interesting to me with each episode.

The first bunch of episodes were OK. It became less interesting to me with each episode.

+1 I found the first few episodes very well done. The cinematography and on location shooting were gorgeous and you could tell a lot of money was spent.

However, I find the quality of acting very uneven. Some of the stories are nearly laughable in the poor acting and even writing of the characters while some others are superbly acted and they seemed to write the characters and their stories better. Such a large ensemble though, I guess that was kind of inevitable.

We finished watching the season of The Crown and were suffering withdrawal so we decided to give The Best Offer on Netflix a try. Geoffrey Rush does a good job. It was a drag in spots but we hung in and were rewarded with a surprise ending.

I can't believe I just spent the last few weeks streaming a series from Yugoslavia called Kurt Seyit ve Sura. I'm even more surprised at how much I enjoyed the 46 episodes. It's set during and after the Russian revolution in Crimea, and later in Istanbul. It's based on a true story. It's a bit over dramatic with twists and turns, but was recommended to me by several people who also liked it.

Riphagen.

True story about a con man who pretended to be on both sides during the Nazi invasion of the Netherlands. He bilked Jews out of their valuables while promising them safe harbor to another country while at the same time collecting a finders fee for providing the names of the Jews to the Nazis. He was so despicable it seemed more like fiction.

Back
Top Bottom