Netflix movie or show suggestion

Just watched a very funny French movie, Le Placard (The Closet) from 2001. A comedy of manners about a dull accountant who gets fired for lack of initiative. His neighbor suggests that he pretend to be gay so that the company (which manufactures condoms) will be afraid to fire him. Multiple people are affected by the consequences.....and there is an adorable kitten!

Le placard (2001) - IMDb

Just watched a very funny French movie, Le Placard (The Closet) from 2001. A comedy of manners about a dull accountant who gets fired for lack of initiative. His neighbor suggests that he pretend to be gay so that the company (which manufactures condoms) will be afraid to fire him. Multiple people are affected by the consequences.....and there is an adorable kitten!

Le placard (2001) - IMDb
I watched that one a couple of weeks ago too. Very enjoyable!

Also: The Details, again a romantic comedy about a rather dull personality (but American). A relief from the usual manic characters in Boy meets Girl movies.

Le placard (2001) - IMDb

:) One of my all time favorites! Glad you liked it.

Because I like Elisabeth Moss in Mad Men, I watched Top of the Lake, a 7-part miniseries set in New Zealand. It's a dark detective story with some shocking conclusions. The acting is good, and the scenery is gorgeous, so it did keep me engaged. However I found the accents difficult to understand.

Because I like Elisabeth Moss in Mad Men, I watched Top of the Lake, a 7-part miniseries set in New Zealand. It's a dark detective story with some shocking conclusions. The acting is good, and the scenery is gorgeous, so it did keep me engaged. However I found the accents difficult to understand.

By coincidence I added this to my instant queue a few days ago, for the same reason. I'll look forward even more to watching it now :)

We just watched Mud, the latest Matthew McConaughey movie. Admittedly, I rent his movies so I can see him without a shirt on, but DH seems to agree that they also have good plots.

This is a good movie! It is about these two Arkansas boys of 14, who find and befriend Mud, a fugitive living on a deserted island. There are good guys, bad guys, and life lessons for the boys and for their new friend.

And he took his shirt off. :)

I see that they added Inspector Morse recently. Just the first series for now. I have been enjoying Endeavour on PBS Masterpiece, which is based on a very young Morse before he made Inspector.

Re-watched Babbette's Feast the other day. Still good :)

Elizabeth Moss is awesome in this show. The entire show is a bit different, but I enjoyed it.

Saw Mud at the theatre, really interesting film and he really nails a really hard role, could easily have come apart. DW liked it not sure if it was the acting or just the shirtless show. If itson Netflix I would highly recommend it.

We just watched Mud, the latest Matthew McConaughey movie. Admittedly, I rent his movies so I can see him without a shirt on, but DH seems to agree that they also have good plots.

This is a good movie! It is about these two Arkansas boys of 14, who find and befriend Mud, a fugitive living on a deserted island. There are good guys, bad guys, and life lessons for the boys and for their new friend.

Saw Mud at the theatre, really interesting film and he really nails a really hard role, could easily have come apart. DW liked it not sure if it was the acting or just the shirtless show. If itson Netflix I would highly recommend it.

It did come from Netflix, and I'm sure your DW was only looking at the shirtless scenes because they were dramatic moments in the plot! :D

We watched Mud last night and liked it. The underlying theme is an ancient one of what is love and commitment.

Thanks to those who recommended it.

We watched Mud last night and liked it. The underlying theme is an ancient one of what is love and commitment. Thanks to those who recommended it.

Glad you liked it, too. I'm not much of a movie person but I found myself thinking about the movie for some time after watching it, and agree that the theme is timeless.

If you like English detective mysteries then you may like the series Vera, set close to my neck of the woods, Northumberland coast, NE England. Each episode is about 90 minutes and is complete in itself, and features a homicide detective, Vera, and her team.

Does anybody know how to get Netflix to automatically tell you when you have seen a previous movie?

The only way I know to do this is to go to the account shipping activity, select complete history, then do a search. Any better way? Wouldn't you think Netflix would warn a user if they've already seen the movie (maybe a year ago)?

I think you can see if you've rated it, which would suggest that you've seen it. Otherwise it gives a "best guess" of if you'd like it.

I think you can see if you've rated it, which would suggest that you've seen it. Otherwise it gives a "best guess" of if you'd like it.
This is how I know if I've seen a movie or program before.

If you like English detective mysteries then you may like the series Vera, set close to my neck of the woods, Northumberland coast, NE England. Each episode is about 90 minutes and is complete in itself, and features a homicide detective, Vera, and her team.
There are two Wallender series (detective/police) on Netflix. One is English, and one is Swedish with subtitles. I enjoyed both very much.

There are two Wallender series (detective/police) on Netflix. One is English, and one is Swedish with subtitles. I enjoyed both very much.

I very much enjoyed them also.

We both enjoyed that film. DW also likes Matthew McConaughey, shirt on and off. I also agree shirtless stars are very good reasons to watch a movie. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom