Netflix movie or show suggestion

I feel like I should start a thread called "things not to watch on Netflix", populated entirely by the dogs that my husband persists in picking out.
This week's winners included World War Z and The Colony. DO NOT WATCH!
:yuk: :facepalm:

Love anything Zombie including WWZ. Not he best of the theme for sure, but still fun.

Any good after civilization collapsed movies?

Zombie movies...thumbs down!
Feever, don't tell anyone else your DH paid to watch those movies! Yikes!
He does keep lobbying me for Zombieland...swears it is funny.
I'm a documentary type of person, just watched the one on Levon Helm. Sad, but pretty good.

Zombieland is the bomb.

I recently watched Episode 1 of The Honourable Woman, a BBC miniseries starring Maggie Gyllenhaal as Nessa Stein, a British-Israeli baroness whose arms dealer father was assassinated in front of her when she was a young girl, and who now runs the family business. It's quite a gripping thriller so far and has garnered good reviews.

Watched Masterpiece Classic: A Room With a View:
On a trip to Italy, prim aristocrat Lucy Honeychurch (Elaine Cassidy) steals a kiss from a handsome commoner (Rafe Spall) but pays a heavy emotional price when she sees him again in stuffy Edwardian England in this spirited adaptation of E.M. Forster's classic novel.
Well acted and artistically done.

Just browsing through a list of Netflix movies that are becoming unavailable soon - .

Made me look, and I watched and enjoyed A River Runs Through It from 1992. Made me want to explore Montana!

I watched "Andrew Jenks, Room 335" yesterday. It is a documentary about a 19 yr old film student who moves into an assisted living home in Florida for a month. The residents made for a good cast of characters. It was worth watching.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

We watched a River Runs Through It as well. Such a good movie and beautiful scenery. And some fly fishing for the menfolk.

Jack, another dud in that genre is Snowpiercer. We didn't even make it to the halfway mark!

Did watch Mud last night again. Man, that is a good one! Those kids are amazing actors. And watching McConnoughey without a shirt on is always worthy of attention. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

We watched Duck Soup last night. Pretty much as I remembered it. Laughed out loud at some of the scenes. Margaret Dumont as always was such fun to watch her nonreactions to Groucho's insults. Funny lady.

We also watched a Midsomer Murder as we waited for midnight, and have come to enjoy the interesting formula at work in this series--light-hearted back story of the detectives' personal lives, gruesome murder(s) driving the plot.

I recently watched Episode 1 of The Honourable Woman, a BBC miniseries starring Maggie Gyllenhaal as Nessa Stein, a British-Israeli baroness whose arms dealer father was assassinated in front of her when she was a young girl, and who now runs the family business. It's quite a gripping thriller so far and has garnered good reviews.

I watched it on iPlayer earlier this year and highly recommend it. Thanks for spotting it on Netflix, I'll probably watch it again, if only to encourage Netflix to do more like this. I also watched season 2 of The Fall this year which is also excellent. (season 1 is available on Netflix so I'm sure season 2 will show up as well)

We watched "Appropriate Adult" the other night, a true story about two British serial killers from the perspective of the volunteer inexperienced social worker assigned to the case. Very serious, Emily Watson is perfect as the appropriate adult.

The title came up when we searched for the not-available Broadchurch, a series that the US Gracepoint series is based on (meaning copies, even the lead actor is the same but with a US accent, so okay, why?). Anna Gunn from Breaking Bad is in Gracepoint--we did not watch BB so she is new to us but very good.

FYI, Broadchurch is now available on Netflix. I had been keeping my eyes open for it, because a family member enjoyed and recommended Gracepoint. Whenever possible I prefer to watch the original British series over the American copies, so I was hoping Broadchurch would show up.

Love anything Zombie including WWZ. Not he best of the theme for sure, but still fun.

Any good after civilization collapsed movies?

The Postman. Pretty bad reviews from critics, but I enjoyed it. I must warn you about my taste in movies, though.

Best in genre - A Boy and His Dog.

FYI, Broadchurch is now available on Netflix. I had been keeping my eyes open for it, because a family member enjoyed and recommended Gracepoint. Whenever possible I prefer to watch the original British series over the American copies, so I was hoping Broadchurch would show up.
Just finished the last chapter 1st series... more to come 2015. I don't usually get fixated on a TV program, but it was like being in a maze... and had to go all the way to the end.
It's the new norm, I think... one mystery... 6 to 50 chapters to find the answer.
The Killing, Longmire, Top of the Lake, etc...
Most certainly in the interest of the networks.

Another vote here for Broadchurch, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I saw that, thanks, Calico, when it popped up in the recommended section.

I thought the Gracepoint version of Broadchurch was pretty good, actually. I did not know Anna Gunn before this.

Left behind (2014) - two thumbs & toes down. Yuck, yuck, yuck!
The Man from Earth (2007) - two thumbs up. Amazing what $200k movie budget can do.

Dallas Buyers Club a biographical drama set in 1985. About an AIDS patient, Ron Woodruff. Apparently he smuggled in HIV/AIDS treatments the FDA hadn't approved yet. Pretty intense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I saw that, thanks, Calico, when it popped up in the recommended section.

I thought the Gracepoint version of Broadchurch was pretty good, actually. I did not know Anna Gunn before this.

Glad you saw it. Maybe I will watch both versions. :D

the postman is that the one with kevin kostner?

Affirmative. A pretty decent adaptation of the David Brin book. Although, as usual, the book was much better than the movie.

Liked the Post Man pretty well. Will probably give Left Behind a try. Liked the books until they got a little silly.

Made me look, and I watched and enjoyed A River Runs Through It from 1992. Made me want to explore Montana!

The visuals on that film are a work of art all in their own.

Liked the Post Man pretty well. Will probably give Left Behind a try. Liked the books until they got a little silly.

+1 on the Postman

Saw a couple of good Sci Fi movies this weekend.
Transcendence was good.

Also, Oblivion. Critics like the acting and cinematography but gave poor marks for the story. I though all were good, especially the story.

Back
Top Bottom