Netflix movie or show suggestion

Twinster (2015) - This is a great documentary to watch. It is about two identical twin Korean sisters who were separated at birth and put up for adoption. One was raised in France and the other in the US. They had no idea they were twins until one of their friends saw a Youtube video of the other twin and thought they looked similar.

The documentary is about their reuniting and exploring their past.

I watched that also without knowing what it was about, but I did enjoy it very much. I cannot even begin to imagine the feeling you would feel finding someone who look just like you. The movie was kind of bitter sweet. It was interesting that their self worth was highly influenced by their upbringing and their personal experiences, and some aspects of their personalities end up being quite different despite that they were identical twins.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Watched Dark Tide last night with Halle Berry. Only has 2 stars rating but has fantastic underwater photography! The kind of movie that has you on the edge of your seats through the most exciting parts. I'm a diver and really enjoyed the diving scenes with the great white.
Another good movie with cave diving is Sanctum.

Haven't watched yet, but gets very high ratings. German.

#5 Phoenix (2014): Nina Hoss, Ronald Zehrfeld, Nina Kunzendorf, Trystan Pütter, Michael Maertens #netflix tinyurl.com/pd4c852

I watched it last night - good flick

Not on Netflix but Wednesday $6.50 senior special at the local theater "Trumbo" . The true story of screenplay Donald Trumbo and other Hollywood writers blacklisted in the 40's . Pretty good.

In case you tend to fall asleep while watching TV, Netflix has published plans for socks that will pause your show when you fall asleep.

Netflix socks

Netflix socks detect when you’ve dozed off and send a signal to your TV, automatically pausing your show.

What will they think of next! They should add an option to rather than pause your show to zap you to wake you up.

Haven't watched yet, but gets very high ratings. German.

#5 Phoenix (2014): Nina Hoss, Ronald Zehrfeld, Nina Kunzendorf, Trystan Pütter, Michael Maertens #netflix tinyurl.com/pd4c852

+1.

Watched it last night. Pretty good.

Saw "Ida" on DVD today. About a Polish nun who is informed of her real ancestry one day (Jewish) and has to decide whether to stay a nun. Subplots too, of course. Takes place in post WW2 Poland. Great photography in black and white. Beautiful stark scenes of Poland. It is worth watching for the cinematography alone, and the story and acting are well done also. I really enjoyed it.

I have been watching more subtitled movies:

Ida (2013) is a stark Polish movie in monochrome, set in the early 1960s, about a young nun who researches her family history with her alcoholic aunt, who is wonderfully depicted by Agata Kulesza. Ida faces a lifechanging dilemma. The cinematography and atmosphere are beautiful. Excellent movie. 5 stars.

Saw "Ida" on DVD today. About a Polish nun who is informed of her real ancestry one day (Jewish) and has to decide whether to stay a nun. Subplots too, of course. Takes place in post WW2 Poland. Great photography in black and white. Beautiful stark scenes of Poland. It is worth watching for the cinematography alone, and the story and acting are well done also. I really enjoyed it.

Told you so in November 2014! :cool:

Netflix movie suggestion

But how will I get my big toe into the socket to recharge the things? Bet they didn't think that through.

Netflix socks use an Arduino trinket combined with a accelerometer and wide angle IR LTDs. Pretty slick stuff.

Because the Arduino is often in sleep mode it does not use much energy. If the socks had to shock the user awake, a much bigger battery would be needed making the socks uncomfortable, I would think.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Told you so in November 2014! :cool:

Great movie, wasn't it? I was half way through it before I realized they weren't speaking English. I always put the subtitles on because my hearing is so awful. :)

Great movie, wasn't it? I was half way through it before I realized they weren't speaking English. I always put the subtitles on because my hearing is so awful. :)

Think I've had Ida on my watch list for too long. Have to watch the movie this weekend.

Dectectorists. Sweet and quirky but not sappy. British of course.
Slice of life characters but not in your face over the top types.
I finished watching Season two of Broadchurch and needed something a bit lighter.
Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I have been watching Sherlock. Each episode is ~86 minutes long, and I find it sufficiently intense that I sometimes need to take a break. It's growing on me. The most recent episode that I watched, Episode 1, Series 3, was the best so far.

I have been watching Sherlock. Each episode is ~86 minutes long, and I find it sufficiently intense that I sometimes need to take a break. It's growing on me. The most recent episode that I watched, Episode 1, Series 3, was the best so far.

Agreed that Season 3, episode 1 was the best so far - super intense and excellent. I also have to space watching each episode into small pieces.

episode 2 will give you a break.

We finishd Last Tango in Halifax, series 3 last night--I thought it was the best season. Supposedly series 4 is coming out this year still in the UK but I cannot find much info about it.

Nicola Walker, the randy daughter, is also in River on Netflix so we will start that next. She is also in Unforgotten but I don't think that's available on Netflix or elsewhere at this point.

River was just excellant. A bit dark, but stick with it. Great character study.

anyone watched Two Step? it's pretty good
We just watched it a couple of days ago. Good acting all the way through. My hands got sweaty watching some parts of the movie, which is a good indication that it was a good movie.

We just watched it a couple of days ago. Good acting all the way through. My hands got sweaty watching some parts of the movie, which is a good indication that it was a good movie.

I kept thinking - man I recognize Bobby (they guy with the Harley) - turns out it's Jesse Dayton (Hardcharger) - I grew up in Houston listening to his band the Road Kings

Dale Watson (the bartender) did most of the music I think

Just saw Skeleton Twins on DVD. I liked it, I guess because I was in the mood for some Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader.

One of my hockeymates who is a urologist suggested 'Scrotal Recall' which we all thought would be a riveting Fantastic Voyage meets vas deferens drama but turns out to be a British comedy. Seems most of the group of hockey players enjoyed it. I'm not sure that is the kind of endorsement people are looking for but I thought it was funny. If you like that sort of thing.

Dectectorists. Sweet and quirky but not sappy. British of course.
Slice of life characters but not in your face over the top types.
I finished watching Season two of Broadchurch and needed something a bit lighter.
Cheers!

But not on Netflix! DVD or streaming.

Back
Top Bottom