New crop of eagles getting ready to hatch

Nodak

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A new crop of eagles is getting ready to hatch in Florida.

Thanks for the link Nodak. I love watching the eagles nests.

A few years ago I looked out our bathroom window and on the edge of our woods 15 feet away from my position, was a massive bald eagle standing on the ground. It was HUGE. I ran for the camera and got a shot of it but it was too blurry to make out well on the photo. It flew away before I could get more photos of it. I was amazed at the sheer size of it. It was rather formidable looking. I haven't seen another one since on our property although we do get a lot of hawks.

We've been watching obcessively the last couple days :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Thanks! Boy, did I hit this at the right time. I just saw your thread and opened it just when both parents were feeding the first chick. Lovely. I really enjoyed the Washington DC eagle cam last spring.

Thanks NoDak. Last late winter very early spring time I found a found a nesting pair of Golden Eagles. They where busy building their nest. The nest was a rock ledge that no other creature would get too unless it was a feathered animal. The nest was in a very well placed spot. I went there often to watch them from about a quarter mile away.
In the spring the mating ritual of the Bald and Golden Eagle is something very special to watch. I will be keeping my eyes in the sky come early spring. To watch mating ritual google it and see what they do. I have seen it live a few times and is truly a love story. Lol

PA Game Commission just started their live stream eagle cam as well, it is very popular here and should run all spring. They also have audio on the nest.
Game Commission

Decorah Eagles... 2 eggs... typically 2000 people online at a time.

Two days ago, I was kinds watching on my PC, while watching Tv... Saw the mama eagle moving around the nest in circles then settling in, with some agitation... after about three minutes she got up again and there was the second egg. She then moved back in over the two eggs, and fell asleep.

This year, new cameras, close ups, and much better nigh vision. I use it as my screen saver.

Decorah Eagles, Ustream.TV: This is the Decorah Eagles nest, which is located just south of the city of Decorah near the trout hatchery. In shorthand, the ...

Last edited:
For eagle watchers... The mother in Decorah Eagles laid her third egg yesterday. This video is a close up of the happy event. All three eggs are in good condition, and are being closely attended by both mom and dad.

Last edited:
I've been watching eaglet E9 on the SW Florida Eagle Cam. I'm surprised how fast E9 has grown - only two months since hatching and E9 is already an adolescent, complete with nipping at the parents and hopping around the nest eager to fly.

Back
Top Bottom