New Hubble Pictures

Great picture. Thanks for the link.

Wow, those kinds of pictures sure make you feel small in the grand scheme of the universe. Thanks Grumpy I love looking at things like this.

It definitely makes your problems look small by comparison. Also, I noticed that there are quite a few smaller galaxies visible in the image. Pretty cool all in all.

"Approximately 100 billion of these stars alone might be like our Sun in terms of temperature and lifetime"

I wonder how many FIRE aliens there are out there?

Very cool! Thanks for the link. (And I hope NASA resumes those maintenence visits)

VoyT said:
Very cool! Thanks for the link. (And I hope NASA resumes those maintenence visits)

As far as I know the planning for the next Hubble servicing mission is going forward while they try to sort out the external tank foam shedding issues. I believe the new NASA Administrator is on record as saying he is willing to accept the risks of a shuttle flight to service Hubble even though they would not be able to reach the space station as a safe haven if anything goes wrong.

Grumpy

You can just see my home, center left.

No, that's your local Walmart.

Great photos. I still remember when JPL came to my elementary school in the early 80s and showed us stuff like this. I wanted to be a space scientist after that (until I got my science test back). ;)

Back
Top Bottom