NFL 2010 Season

harley

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just too early to make any calls. Ask me again in about 3 months and I'll have a better idea. (heh)

A lot of parity out there. It will be interesting to see Favre play tomorrow.

I have little doubt the Redskins will once again disapoint:nonono:

I think an NFC team will win the Superbowl. Could be any of 4 teams: Packers, Vikings, Saints, or Cowboys. Any of those teams that doesn't have a healthy starting quarterback come playoff time will be out. Assuming all are healthy i'll be routing for my hometown Packers but expect either the Saints or Cowboys to win it all. I think the AFC is more difficult to predict but i'll go with the Colts even with the rule changes that deminish their ability to play with a "no huddle" offense.

A lot of parity out there. It will be interesting to see Favre play tomorrow.

I've been a Favre fan for nearly 20 years but I think this is the year his streak ends. Every defensive player in the NFL will be looking to take him out. If he's out then the defense can focus on Peterson and the Vikings will not even make the playoffs(if it happens early in the season)

My playoff predictions:

AFC

• East - Jets
  • South - Texans
  • North - Bengals
  • West - Chargers
  • Wildcards: Titans, Ravens
NFC

• East - Giants
  • South - Saints
  • North - Bears
  • West - 49ers
  • Wildcards: Falcons, Cowboys
Neither the Colts or Vikings will make the playoffs.

Saints win their second Super Bowl.

Did the Browns get a new cyber logo? Why don't they go with the dog face?
Free to canoe

Attachments

• Cleveland-Browns_jpg_600x1000_q85.jpg
    Cleveland-Browns_jpg_600x1000_q85.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 110
This is it! Start of the season. I'm in my weekly knockout pool again. Run by some guy up in NC, friend of my BIL. You pick one team each week to win. No points in-volved. You have to pick a different team each week. One loss and you're out. Think it's easy? Try it. Last year there were 126 people in the pool at $10/season = $1260 pot. He emails the results every week. Great fun.

AFC...Colts, Steelers and Ravens will be there at the end. Ravens actually have a bit more offense this year so they will be interesting to watch.

NFC...NO of course. I keep thinking that Romo will get his act together, but no...maybe not.

Fantasy sleepers:
M Williams (TB) still available in may leagues.
B Scott (Cinn) Stash him away as Benson gets dinged up.
L Johnson (Wash) Only a probable injury away from starting.
M Schaub (Hou) Don't let the first week bother you.
M Floyd (SD) Same thing as Schaub.
M Walker (Pitt) When Ben returns in 2+ weeks...he'll be fine.

AFC...Colts, Steelers and Ravens will be there at the end. Ravens actually have a bit more offense this year so they will be interesting to watch.

NFC...NO of course. I keep thinking that Romo will get his act together, but no...maybe not.

Fantasy sleepers:
M Williams (TB) still available in may leagues.
B Scott (Cinn) Stash him away as Benson gets dinged up.
L Johnson (Wash) Only a probable injury away from starting.
M Schaub (Hou) Don't let the first week bother you.
M Floyd (SD) Same thing as Schaub.
M Walker (Pitt) When Ben returns in 2+ weeks...he'll be fine.

Mike Wallace (Pitt)?
Anything to bump a football thread.

Most have written off the Patriots after a poor showing in the playoffs last year. But after man-handling the Bangels last week .....

Most have written off the Patriots after a poor showing in the playoffs last year. But after man-handling the Bangels last week .....

So, should Tom Brady be expecting a lawsuit from Susanna Hoffs? :D

It's a good thing I didn't put any money on my pre-season make-the-playoff picks...with one week to go, the best result will be 6 of 12.

I still like the Saints to win it all, though.

I'm posting this for Mr Boston...

GO PATS! :D

I am in Patriots country right now. I went to one of his relative's private clubs yesterday and was entertaining the guys with some Buffalo Bills area code changes (041,042,043,044) and rhyming NY team name (Mets, Jets, Nets) jokes. I figured if I told the jokes myself, I could short circuit them doing it for me.
The result?
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

My picks early in season included the Jets, Ravens, Colts and Chargers. No way did I see the Chiefs doing what they did.

In the NFC I picked the Redskins, Packers, Saints and 49ers. I also said the 49ers would make playoffs with a losing record. I was right about the losing record and division, just picked the wrong team.

My superbowl prediction right now is Steelers-Eagles until one of them proves someone is better.

Back
Top Bottom