NFL: 2015 Season

I'd go Palmer, Wilson, Newton, then Brady. Rodgers just has been too inconsistent to make it. JMO.

Its splitting hairs to me, but I darn well know which one of the bunch I would least like to try to tackle when he was barreling down toward me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its splitting hairs to me, but I darn well know which one of the bunch I would least like to try to tackle when he was barreling down toward me.

Ah, that would be AP. I'd actually prefer him, but he's not a QB.

Ah, that would be AP. I'd actually prefer him, but he's not a QB.

I would hurt for a month of Sundays if any of them hit me, but Cam doesn't shy away from contact and can really lay the wood on someone running downfield when he decides too.

I would hurt for a month of Sundays if any of them hit me, but Cam doesn't shy away from contact and can really lay the wood on someone running downfield when he decides too.

Too bad he can't throw a football with better than 59% accuracy.

Too bad he can't throw a football with better than 59% accuracy.

Not his strong suit, but I am sure you have seen his wr's play with their hands missing for much of the year. (I have watched every game). Ask the Bengals about his completion percentage. He has his faults but he is a total gamer when its on the line. Im not saying he is the best QB, but 4th and 3 game on the line, with the play broken down, he is the QB I want with the ball.

Or Brady could break his thumb like Dalton or have someone take out his knee like Big Ben or lacerate his spleen like Luck or break his collar bone like Romo. I keep saying injuries is the main factor in determining which of the good teams goes all the way.

A lot of that IS luck.

Brady has been incredibly resilient during his career - it is amazing that as long that he has played and as many times as he has been hit that his injuries have been fairly minimal.

Brady has been incredibly resilient during his career - it is amazing that as long that he has played and as many times as he has been hit that his injuries have been fairly minimal.

You mean other than when he missed an entire season with a torn knee. :rolleyes:

Yes, one season out of what... 14 as a starter? I can't think of any other QB that has been on IR less than Brady.

Only eight quarterbacks in NFL history have been able to achieve regular season streaks of at least 100 games, with only two of those with a regular season streak of at least 200 games. Tom Brady is the only quarterback to have two separate streaks of at least 100 consecutive regular season games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...rts_by_a_National_Football_League_quarterback

Last edited:
Yes, one season out of what... 14? I can't think of any other QB that has been on IR less than Brady.

Favre and Peyton Manning. Manning didn't miss a single game until this year...his 18th.

Favre and Peyton Manning. Manning didn't miss a single game until this year...his 18th.

Are we just going to ignore the entire 2011 season Payton didnt play in? :)

Not true, he missed the entire 2011 season... were you sleeping that year?

Oh yeah, I guess I forgot that one just like you forgot Brady's 2008 season. They, along with Favre, have been very resilient.

Ah Mulligan... why let facts get in the way of a good argument?

Its one of the few chances I have ever had,PB, to actually use facts in an argument. :)

Oh yeah, I guess I forgot that one just like you forgot Brady's 2008 season. They, along with Favre, have been very resilient.

You need to learn to read. I said:

I never said anything about him not missing a season. OTOH, you were just outright wrong where you said:

...Manning didn't miss a single game until this year...his 18th.
:facepalm:

But I'm glad to see you finally conceded that they (Favre, Manning and Brady) have been very resilient, which is all that I said about Brady to begin with. :D

You need to learn to read. I said:

I never said anything about him not missing a season. OTOH, you were just outright wrong where you said:

:facepalm:

But I'm glad to see you finally conceded that they (Favre, Manning and Brady) have been very resilient, which is all that I said about Brady to begin with. :D

I know how to read, thank you. You said his injuries were "fairly minimal". Tearing your ACL and MCL is not minimal. I admitted when I was wrong, perhaps you should do the same instead of insulting me.

Really? I don't think there's anyway to justify putting him higher than 3rd and could be down to 6th in voting. I'm not a Brady fan but as of now, he's the obvious MVP choice. Palmer in second, Russell, Rodgers, and Dalton in 3rd-5th in any order. Newton could end up 2nd if he doesn't throw any more INTs.

You are the same guy who tried to tell me that whoever made the power rankings and had Atlanta at #8 about 5 weeks ago was justified in his opinion because their record was good. They haven't won a game since then. They stink. They were 5-0 because they played 5 terrible teams to start the season. Anyone writing a power ranking column should do more research. If we only care about records we dont need power rankings. We can just look at the standings.

If Carolina wins 15 or 16 games, Newton will win the MVP. You can bet on that. I don't care what his completion percentage is. Hes not the best pure passer but hes having a ridiculous season as an all around QB. He has the exact same Total QBR rating as Brady, but thats not all that figures into it. They are tied for 9th believe it or not.

The Steelers offense is dominant but the Pats offense with all its weapons is as good if not better. The Steelers are ranked 5th in points scored and the Pats 3rd. But to say the Pats defense isn't great is misleading they're ranked 6th in yards allowed to 23rd for the Steelers. Also the Steelers are not guaranteed to make the playoffs since they're behind the Chiefs and Jets who are currently the two AFC wild card teams.

BTW Vegas' odds makers still have the Pats and the Panthers equally favorite to win the SB with the Seahawks 3rd.

Why are you switching from points to yards when it fits you argument? Pick one and stick with it.
If you want to go by yards which you did when you talked about defense, the Steelers are #2 on offense and NE is #3. The Steelers are also WAY ahead of everyone on offense when Roethlisberger plays. He missed 4 full games and half of 2 other games.

Official rankings when someone says "So and so has the #1 ranked offense" is based on yards.

NE's defense was pretty bad when the season started but has gotten much much better down the stretch.

The only reason the Jets are ahead of the Steelers in the wild card race right now is because they have a 6-4 conference record to Pittsburghs 5-4 record. You cant really compare when they number of games arent equal.

Based on remaining schedule, I will bet anyone willing to take the bet that the Steelers get a wild card. Hell, they might actually win the division if Cincy tanks without Dalton.

Pittsburgh plays Denver, Baltimore and Cleveland
Jets play Dallas, N.E, and Buffalo.

Even if both teams finish with the same record Pittsburgh will get the wild card. They will most like have the same conference record and the next tie breaker is strength of teams beaten and Pittsburgh has a huge advantage there. I dont expect them to finish with the same record anyway. Pittsburgh has a very good chance to win the last 3 and the Jets will probably lose to N.E. and may lose to Buffalo on the road.

I know how to read, thank you. You said his injuries were "fairly minimal". Tearing your ACL and MCL is not minimal. I admitted when I was wrong, perhaps you should do the same instead of insulting me.

In this day and age a knee injury like that is not a big deal... quite common... though it does require a long recovery time so I'll stand by my "fairly minimal" and we can agree to disagree.

Why are you switching from points to yards when it fits you argument? Pick one and stick with it.
If you want to go by yards which you did when you talked about defense, the Steelers are #2 on offense and NE is #3. The Steelers are also WAY ahead of everyone on offense when Roethlisberger plays. He missed 4 full games and half of 2 other games.

Official rankings when someone says "So and so has the #1 ranked offense" is based on yards.

NE's defense was pretty bad when the season started but has gotten much much better down the stretch.

No matter how you slice it it will not change the crux of the argument that they both have potent offenses but the Patriots defense is far better than the Steelers.

Last edited:
You mean other than when he missed an entire season with a torn knee. :rolleyes:

And they still went 11-5 with Matt Cassel. This is one reason why I can't go all-in with the talk about Brady as the best ever. If you can win 11 games with Matt Cassel, you had a LOT of help.

No matter how you slice it it will not change the crux of the argument that they both have potent offenses but the Patriots defense is far better than the Steelers.

Overall I would agree that the Pats defense is better than the Steelers when you break it down and evaluate everything, but in reality when it comes to wins and losses, the only thing that matters is how many points does a team allow. The Pats allow 19.5 pts per game. The Steelers allow 20 pts per game. I dont think 0.5 pt per game is going to make a huge difference.

All you need to do is get in the playoffs and then have a great 3-4 game run to win the SB. Just about anyone would look at a team like Philly at 6-7 and say they have no chance, but a few years ago the Giants were 6-7 and 7 weeks later they were the SB champs because they got hot at the right time and put together and amazing stretch of 6 games.

Yup... that is why we play the games... on any given Sunday anything can happen.

Like the Philly/Pats game... a couple big plays that took less than a minute of clock time made all the difference in the world... but then again you have those grind it out games with no big plays at all... I guess that is why we watch... to see what happens.

Also, lets not forget that the Steelers have played a much tougher schedule than the Pats which explains a lot about why they have given up a lot more yards and a few more points. If NE played the same schedule the Steelers have played Id be willing to bet that they would have given up more points than the Steelers have. In the Steelers first 10 games, they played 6 of the top 10 passing offenses so its no wonder that they gave up more passing yards than a lot of teams did.

The Pats have played 1 team that has at least 10 wins and they lost.
The Steelers have played 4 teams with at least 10 wins and they are 2-2. Steelers have to play a 5th game against a 10 win team. Pats only play 1 all season.

The Pats only play 3 teams all season who currently are above .500
The Steelers play 7 teams all season who currently are above .500

Pats have only play 2 top 10 offenses (Jets and Steelers)
Steelers have played 5 top 10 offenses (Pats, Bengals, Bengals, Seattle, Arizona)

If you dont think any of that makes a difference in a teams final record or their offense and defensive stats then you dont know football. So if you want to be realistic about your team, you really need to look beyond the surface numbers.

Back
Top Bottom