NFL: 2015 Season

I think Boomer Esiason summed it up nicely in the post-game. I'm assuming he is a Bengals fan and he was pretty to the point. Said he was embarrassed to see a Cincinnati team play that way. Bill Cowher came down hard on the Bengals coaching staff. Rightly so. Not a real fan but I was pulling for the Bengals but after that display...

The Bengals performance last night gives new meaning to "Snatch defeat from the jaws of victory."

I think Boomer Esiason summed it up nicely in the post-game. I'm assuming he is a Bengals fan and he was pretty to the point. Said he was embarrassed to see a Cincinnati team play that way. Bill Cowher came down hard on the Bengals coaching staff. Rightly so. Not a real fan but I was pulling for the Bengals but after that display...

Boomer played most of his career at QB for the Bengals so I would assume hes a Bengals fan.

The Bengals performance last night gives new meaning to "Snatch defeat from the jaws of victory."
+1. Disgraceful. I was/am indifferent WRT the Bungals and the Steelers (other than good friends who are Steelers). The only good thing about it is the Bengals lost thanks to their own blatant stupidity...Burfict should be punished as severely as possible, and Lewis fired. I feel sorry for McCarron.

A few weeks ago when the Steelers and Bengals played there were $140,000 in fines handed out to players on both sides. The teams clearly dont like each other and Im not saying the Steelers are innocent because they can get rowdy also, but the Bengals (mainly 2 or 3 players) have chips on their shoulders. In that game Burfict had 3 separate persoanl fouls called on him including one where he intentionally dove at Roethlisbergers knees. Half of that $140,000 in fines went just to Burfict. He was so out of control that before this game there was a story that he promised his teammates that he would keep his composure. You dont do that unless you are constantly losing your composure. Then he obviously did it over and over again this time.

Hes also the one who tackled LeVeon Bell and ripped his knee to shreds in mid season. Although it was a legal tackle, apparently afterwards, he and other Bengals were clapping and celebrating.

And rather than Lewis accepting responsibility and coming down hard on Burfect and Jones, his comments after the game is what makes him a lousy coach in my opinion.

“He’s trying to go over and defend the play. There were a lot of plays out there and calls went different ways,” Lewis said. “They deemed that to be a hit to the head I guess, and others not today.”

Last edited:
Stupid is as stupid does, and the Bengals fans also deserve a hall of shame vote for throwing bottles out of the stands at Ben, and believe me, I am no fan of him.

And rather than Lewis accepting responsibility and coming down hard on Burfect and Jones, his comments after the game is what makes him a lousy coach in my opinion.

“He’s trying to go over and defend the play. There were a lot of plays out there and calls went different ways,” Lewis said. “They deemed that to be a hit to the head I guess, and others not today.”

Lewis obviously doesnt know the rules. Burficts hit to Antonio Brown's head was dirty and malicious. He was defenseless with his arms in the air trying to catch the ball. Burfict will probably get suspended for the first game of next year on top of a fine for that hit.

Shazier's hit on Bernard which also knocked him out was totally legal. Bernard was running the ball and both players ducked their heads when they collided. Helmet to helmet contact is stupid but legal on a runner.

Aside from what the NFL will (or won't, depending on your perspective) do, when players are out of control, they should be benched.

Aside from what the NFL will (or won't, depending on your perspective) do, when players are out of control, they should be benched.
Agreed, but those days seem to be long gone...

The Steelers were not totally innocent in the cheap shot, out of control play department either and not just by the players but the coaches also. So Tomlin should not get a free pass here either.

Steelers coach Mike Munchak penalized for yanking Bengals player's hair - SBNation.com

I said earlier that I dont totally excuse the Steelers because they were pretty rough also, but I wouldnt call that hair pull a cheap shot. The Bengal actually hit the Steeler player late out of bounds which caused him to not be able to slow down and he ran into Munchak who obviously didnt like it and grabbed the Bengal and pushed him aside. It doesnt look to me like he intentionally grabbed the guys hair. He just grabbed and pushed and he got a hand full of hair.

I pride myself as an impartial fan and what Im shocked by was the TD catch by Martavis Bryant where he did a flip out of the end zone. I cant believe they considered the ball being held against the back of his thigh to be control of the ball.

Mcarron is no leader. Sounds dumb and wimpy. Blaming the rain (it only rained hard when the Bengals had the ball). Got to be one of the least impressive post-game interviews of all-time.:nonono:

https://youtu.be/vo_wUBByDmw

Evidently, at least two: BURFICT & JONES

When the Steelers had the ball after recovering that stripped fumble, I thought then the Steelers would win, with gimpy shoulder and all of Big Ben. But not like the way they did. The personal fouls are perfect examples of players thinking "Me, Me, Me" and not team.

I really didn't catch the Jones penalty on TV. The Burfict was lucky not a clean head to head or we could be talking rules changes no hitting above the waist :blush:.

Lewis obviously doesnt know the rules. Burficts hit to Antonio Brown's head was dirty and malicious. He was defenseless with his arms in the air trying to catch the ball. Burfict will probably get suspended for the first game of next year on top of a fine for that hit.

Shazier's hit on Bernard which also knocked him out was totally legal. Bernard was running the ball and both players ducked their heads when they collided. Helmet to helmet contact is stupid but legal on a runner.

I agree with what you have said, but I bet fully Lewis knows the rules... Most coaches have trained themselves not to be candid or emotional after a game. And publicly calling out players through media is usually frowned upon "inside the circle" no matter how obvious it may be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A few weeks ago when the Steelers and Bengals played there were $140,000 in fines handed out to players on both sides. The teams clearly dont like each other and Im not saying the Steelers are innocent because they can get rowdy also, but the Bengals (mainly 2 or 3 players) have chips on their shoulders. In that game Burfict had 3 separate persoanl fouls called on him including one where he intentionally dove at Roethlisbergers knees. Half of that $140,000 in fines went just to Burfict. He was so out of control that before this game there was a story that he promised his teammates that he would keep his composure. You dont do that unless you are constantly losing your composure. Then he obviously did it over and over again this time.

Hes also the one who tackled LeVeon Bell and ripped his knee to shreds in mid season. Although it was a legal tackle, apparently afterwards, he and other Bengals were clapping and celebrating.

I was surprised when it was mentioned at the start of the game that the same head referee was officiating last night's game as for the game a few weeks earlier. That seems like a bad idea on several levels to me.

Fortunately, the hit on Brown's head was more a glancing blow than direct or Brown could have been paralyzed.

The most gruesome football injury I ever saw on TV was former Bears wide receiver Johnny Knox going to recover a fumble but end up braking his back. Legal hit but just gruesome. I have no interest in watching any replays of that.

Or the Texans.:facepalm:

I feel sorry for Texans fans especially since Texans won me a grand on covering 8.5 season win total...Brian Hoyer, my land....He made Ryan Lindleys playoff performance last year for the Big Red look like a MVP performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow.

He's sure to have nightmares tonight.

Seahawks sure get lucky at times.

Not a good weekend to be a Cinncinnati or Vikings fan...snatching defeat from the jaws of vistory, ouch. The Texans weren't ever in it. So much for home field advantage, 0-3 so far...

[Update, 0-4. The visiting underdogs won every game, has that ever happened before?]

Last edited:
Not a good weekend to be a Cinncinnati or Vikings fan...snatching defeat from the jaws of vistory, ouch. The Texans weren't ever in it. So much for home field advantage, 0-3 so far...

Lucky for me the Packers won or I would have been 0 for 4 for the weekend. I'll be glad when the US markets open in the morning. I seem to do a lot better at picking winners and making money there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom