NFL: 2015 Season

Steelers plan to keep going for the 2 pt conversion, even when they dont need to. Last weeks game was the first time in 17 yrs that any team has gone for 2 in the first quarter.

With the field goal kicker they are [-]currently are stuck with [/-] have, the Steelers will always need to go for the two points.

A bigger problem is: what are they going to do with 6 seconds left in the game, on their own 30 yard line and needing only a field goal to win--are they going to go for the touchdown instead?

With the field goal kicker they are [-]currently are stuck with [/-] have, the Steelers will always need to go for the two points.

A bigger problem is: what are they going to do with 6 seconds left in the game, on their own 30 yard line and needing only a field goal to win--are they going to go for the touchdown instead?

Big Ben has punted before. Maybe he can kick a FG? In all seriousness, there are plenty of kickers floating around, but Im surprised Scooby Doo has been that bad. Hes Jacksonville's all time leading scorer. Its not like he's new to the league.

Cowboys should've dropped further. They are in real trouble due to injuries and the loss of Murray. They didn't play very well at all in the first 2 games anyway.

I see you can't get over your Murray viewpoint. How many yards did Murray rush for against Cowboys?

How many yards did the Eagle get period? They stink right now. You really think they will look this way by game 8? I believe the Cowboys running game will finish a lot closer to where it is right now at 20th in the league and 3.4 yds/carry than it did last year at 2nd in the league and 4.6 yds/carry. You can say I told you so later if I'm wrong.

So many people get blinded when they talk about their favorite team. Cant you see how much worse the Cowboys running game is than it was last year? How can any team possibly expect to replace an 1850 yd rusher with a guy who is best known for getting caught shoplifting. Come, on...you know thats not realistic no matter how good the OL is. The loss of Dez and now Romo will hurt the running game even more, but you could see from the first carry of the season the difference between Murray running thru those holes and Randle. Hes got some quickness but he cant break tackles like Murray.

Last edited:
How about DeAngelo Williams? Le'Veon Bell led the league in all purpose yds last year and then got suspended 2 games. Williams comes in as a stop gap and leads the league in rushing in his 2 games as a starter.

The Steelers got bounced from the playoffs last year when Bell was injured and the Steelers had nobody to back him up.

How about DeAngelo Williams? Le'Veon Bell led the league in all purpose yds last year and then got suspended 2 games. Williams comes in as a stop gap and leads the league in rushing in his 2 games as a starter.

And three touch downs. When Bell comes back, is there a chance Williams becomes the Steelers' field goal kicker?

And three touch downs. When Bell comes back, is there a chance Williams becomes the Steelers' field goal kicker?

Chargers cut Novak for Josh Lambo, an undrafted rookie, I think he's still floating about.

So many people get blinded when they talk about their favorite team. Cant you see how much worse the Cowboys running game is than it was last year? How can any team possibly expect to replace an 1850 yd rusher with a guy who is best known for getting caught shoplifting. Come, on...you know thats not realistic no matter how good the OL is. The loss of Dez and now Romo will hurt the running game even more, but you could see from the first carry of the season the difference between Murray running thru those holes and Randle. Hes got some quickness but he cant break tackles like Murray.

I do not think Randle was ever intended to solely replace Murray, but rather it would be done via running back by committee. I think you are just reacting to Randles mouth, not what the team was actually planning running wise. That said, of course I did not want to see DeMarco go, but hey, you know very well this is a business, so fans don't always get what they want, but that doesn't mean I'll give up on my home boys.

I will agree however, that will Romo/Dez out, that will put much more pressure on the running game and allow other teams to key on the run.

Nobody expects any fan to give up on their team. Just to be realistic. I just moved from Dallas so all my friends are Cowboy fans and they all think anyone can run behind that OL, but they are blind to the facts.

I know the Steelers don't have a dominating defense like they used to. I wish they did, but that doesnt make it so. They went from the oldest defense in the league to one of the youngest over night. Like you, I have hope though. They do have a lot of very talented young high draft picks that I hope gel together as the season goes on.

Nobody expects any fan to give up on their team. Just to be realistic. I just moved from Dallas so all my friends are Cowboy fans and they all think anyone can run behind that OL, but they are blind to the facts.

I don't think its a case of anyone, but there is no denying a good OL makes for good offense, both rushing and passing. The Cowboys as a team became legitimate last year due to that line. Murray is a great runner, but some of the holes that line opened up last season for him would even allow me to make decent yards:LOL: Any how, I believe having lost DeMarco to Philly wouldn't in itself do in the Cowboys season, but with Romo/Dez/Gregory/McClain out and Witten hobbling, things do not look good. Also, understand DeMarco now has hamstring and may not play on Sunday.

The AFC is up for grabs but is there any doubt at all that GB is the best team in the NFC? They would've gone to the Super Bowl last year if Seattle hadnt gotten a miracle when the onside kick went right thru GB players hands. GB is going to the Super Bowl this year. They lost Jordy Nelson but the offense is even better than last year. They had a lot of injuries on defense last year and those guys are back now.

GB could go undefeated. Their division is as weak as NE's division was when they did it.

The AFC is up for grabs but is there any doubt at all that GB is the best team in the NFC? They would've gone to the Super Bowl last year if Seattle hadnt gotten a miracle when the onside kick went right thru GB players hands. GB is going to the Super Bowl this year. They lost Jordy Nelson but the offense is even better than last year. They had a lot of injuries on defense last year and those guys are back now.

GB could go undefeated. Their division is as weak as NE's division was when they did it.
They (and particularly Aaron Rodgers) were amazing last night in the first half. However, KC gave them some real trouble in the second half. (Not sure what happen to GB in the second half)

But I'll agree, if they can play like they did during last nights first half for most of the season, and Arron doesn't get hurt, then they will be hard for anyone to beat.

Last edited:

As much as I would like to see GB go undefeated, I don't see it. They play Denver in Denver and Carolina in Carolina back to back. Those could easily both be loses. Then they play Arizona in Arizona in the 15th game which could be for NFC home-field advantage and Arizona looks at least as good as GB so that'll be a tough one. Arizona has a real running back. GBs Lacy is overrated and nothing special. GBs defensive is mediocre. That said, they still have a reasonable chance of winning the NFC. I hate to say it but NE looks like the best team in the league right now and Aaron Rodgers' great numbers are second to Brady's.

Life long Bears fan :(. Cutler has been at best mediocre on the Bears when the oline was actually protecting him. This year, their oline pass blocking looks terrible. Even an elite qb would look below average at best with this oline. Coupled with their hobbled receivers, this is going to be a long, long NFL season for us Bears fans.

I'm giving Fox 2 more years to get his guys in there and after this year getting rid of Cutler (despite his frickin contract).

As much as I would like to see GB go undefeated, I don't see it. They play Denver in Denver and Carolina in Carolina back to back. Those could easily both be loses. Then they play Arizona in Arizona in the 15th game which could be for NFC home-field advantage and Arizona looks at least as good as GB so that'll be a tough one. Arizona has a real running back. GBs Lacy is overrated and nothing special. GBs defensive is mediocre. That said, they still have a reasonable chance of winning the NFC. I hate to say it but NE looks like the best team in the league right now and Aaron Rodgers' great numbers are second to Brady's.

Obviously the odds against going undefeated are astronomical, but GB has the talent to do it. Their defense is better than mediocre. Statistically its a little above avg right now but I fully expect it to be around #10 by the end of the season.

Lacy was 7th in the league in rushing last year. DeMarco Murray averaged 4.7 yd/carry. Lacy averaged 4.6. Hes not over rated. Plus they have Starks who isn't bad either.

I expect GB to beat Denver pretty easily. Manning can barely throw the ball 15 yards with any oomph. Denver's offense is 3rd to last in the whole league. Carolina and Arizona are tougher and all 3 of those games are on the road so, you're right they probably wont win them all, but they could.

GB's defense is better than NE's. Their offenses are both near impossible to stop but I would take GB. They have way more weapons, both WRs and RBs.

I still say everyone better look out for Buffalo.

Last edited:
I'm giving Fox 2 more years to get his guys in there and after this year getting rid of Cutler (despite his frickin contract).

They have to keep him for a couple more years but I don't think it says anywhere in his contract that they have to Start him. They could use him as a backup and bring someone else in to start. The problem is, where do you get a better quarterback that is affordable when Cutler is costing so much toward the cap? I think the Bears may just be stuck where they are for a while. I'm ok with that. That's 2 games every year that us Packer fans don't have to worry about.

NE beat Buffalo in a game that I thought Buffalo would win, but NE gave up 32 points to what has always been an anemic offense. The skill positions on Buffalo's offense are completely rebuilt. Give them a few more games to gel together before you cast judgement on them.

I have a ridiculously large wager on Buffalo winning more than 8.5 games. They are 2-1 and I am supremely confidant I'm going to win the bet. They will be 6-2 at the mid way point.

Life long Bears fan :(. Cutler has been at best mediocre on the Bears when the oline was actually protecting him. This year, their oline pass blocking looks terrible. Even an elite qb would look below average at best with this oline. Coupled with their hobbled receivers, this is going to be a long, long NFL season for us Bears fans.

I cringed when reading about how the Bears miss Cutler with Claussen starting while Cutler is out. True, Claussen is not any good. But the Bears aren't any good with Cutler either. I'm very tempted to not even watch any of the game on Sunday since the Bears are a total yawn. At least they already started backing up the truck trading away Allen and Bostic.

Texans are just another team that hasn't figured out you cant win without a franchise QB. Or maybe they have but there's only about 10 to go around and if you don't land one, its like musical chairs and you are the guy with no chair.

If you don't have a franchise QB, your only other chance is to build a smothering defense. Trying to have balanced offense and defense without a franchise QB doesn't work. Trying to spend a bunch of money to put superstar offensive skill players around a marginal QB doesn't work.

Franchise QB or smothering defense is the only way.

Agree. Cards last year a good example. Let's hope Palmer stays healthy. Looking good so far.

Back
Top Bottom