NFL: 2018 Season

Most of the Texans wins this year have been close games (or just lucky wins). I really don't expect to see them go beyond the wildcard round but anything is possible. I'd really like to see an all Texas Superbowl, (played in Atlanta) but that's not likely to happen either.

Last edited:
I'm cheering for the Bears but they are a team that can beat and lose to anyone.

The first game vs the Eagles scares me.

Prediction: trick plays galore :LOL: with both teams having a backyard styles of offense.

Alright, as an active trader, I had a really great first week in the stock market in 2019 so I'm going to push my "luck", (no pun intended) and go with the Texans over the Colts in today's wildcard game.

While I'm at it, I'll take the Cowboys over the Seahawks today too.

Actually I'll be happy as long as just one of the Texas teams stays in playoffs for another week.

Last edited:
While I will always root for the Cowboys, I have no illusions that this year is different.

While I will always root for the Cowboys, I have hope [-]no illusions[/-] that this year is different.

And, in a once in a lifetime confluence of interests, I’m also rooting for Philly this weekend...so they can go to N’awlins next week. :clap:

Go Pats. Though to be honest I'd be surprised if they even make the SB. If they don't win, I'd like to see the Chiefs or the Saints take it.

+1 I don't see the Pats going far but it all depends on what team shows up... at times this season they have looked very good and at other times awful (I was in the stands for the Miami miracle and that may be the highlight of thier awful this season)... so I dunno... but given their storied history it is hard for me to count them out.... especially since other than the Chiefs the AFC looks pretty ordinary.

At the same time though a good friend who watches most of the Red Sox regular season games kept saying that he didn't think they would go far in the playoffs... didn't think they would even get past the Yankees... shows you what he knew.

It seems to me that the Saints and the Rams are at the top of the class of the NFC and the Chiefs for the AFC. It should be an interesting post season.

Looks like Southwest Airlines will be featuring Lamar Jackson and Cody Parkey in their "Wanna Get Away?" commercials... wow.

My thought as well Ronstar. Seems like there might be a new set of perennial contenders. At least for a while.

^ another fog bowl is possible. Saturday’s high is forecast at 45, low 33. Unseasonably warm - could lead to a fog rolling in off the lake. Maybe the Bears kicker will split the uprights instead of hitting them if it is so foggy that he can’t see the goal posts.

Oh man! You put the whammy on your own guy! You know he started last year as the Eagles’ kicker?

Oh man! You put the whammy on your own guy! You know he started last year as the Eagles’ kicker?

Yep it looks like I jinxed the Bears. Truth is that he would have missed it even if I didn’t put the whammy on him. I didn’t know he started last year on the Eagles- I knew he was on Miami. But I don’t see him being on the Bears next year.

Yep it looks like I jinxed the Bears. Truth is that he would have missed it even if I didn’t put the whammy on him. I didn’t know he started last year on the Eagles- I knew he was on Miami. But I don’t see him being on the Bears next year.

I was a little off. Eagles had him 2014-2015 and waived him 2016 at start of the season. I am hearing now that one of the Eagles may have gotten a piece of the kick.

Parkey's field goal was definitely tipped. Cold comfort for Bears fans though. He's a stand up guy that took the blame. I don't see who he can stay on the team without being a big distraction.

Though part, he wasn't the entire reason the Bears lost. They have troubling putting away games on offense. What drive me nuts (even more than the Parkey FG miss) is being up by 5 with about 7 minutes left and with the ball, they quickly go 3 and out, shank a punt to give the ball back with about 5 minutes left for the Eagles to score starting around the 40 yard line. Plus, in the Bears' final offensive drive, why did they burn out their final timeout sooner than necessary instead of just spiking the ball to kill the clock. They could have then used the entire field to get more yards and hopefully get a shorter kick. I think those are more coaching decision problems than player.

All in all, I'm not as disappointed as this was a rebuilding year. The Bears way over performed. I only expected them to be about 8-8.

Now the only thing left as a fan is to cheer for a team to beat the team your favorite team lost to. So, go Saints! - at least for next week.

I think it is time for a coaching change for the Texans. I thought it might have been the GM.....obviously not. At a minimum get a OC - the play calling sucks. The Wildcard game was terrible in every category.

Browns fan here , we love the Texans coaching and GM . Thanks to the Texans we got Nick Chubb .
Actually when the Browns played the Texans a few weeks ago they felt the Texans defensive backs were slow . If we could have got a few calls and played the first half better we could have won . Baker got over 300 yards the second half.

Back
Top Bottom