NFL player Sean Taylor dies after shooting...

maddythebeagle

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Redskins safety Sean Taylor dies a day after being shot - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Sharpstein said Taylor's girlfriend told him the couple was awakened by loud noises, and Taylor grabbed a machete he keeps in the bedroom for protection. Someone then broke through the bedroom door and fired two shots, one missing and one hitting Taylor, Sharpstein said. Taylor's 1-year-old daughter, Jackie, was also in the house, but neither she nor Taylor's girlfriend were injured.

This guy got in trouble awhile back for brandishing a gun on somebody....its too bad he didnt get it..

Last edited:
What a waste of a life, however I am curious as to why anyone would keep a machete as a form of defense?

cause he got in trouble for having a gun earlier so they took that right away from him.

Sad story........all the way around:

Notice to any burglars on here that may want to break into my house?

I have large guns,and know how to use them..........:)

Sad story........all the way around:

Notice to any burglars on here that may want to break into my house?

I have large guns,and know how to use them..........:)

My guess is that this was not a burgler. Did you read that a while back someone broke into his home, took a knife out of a kitchen drawer, and left it on the bed?

I think this likely was someone known to Sean, or hired by someone known to Sean.

Ha

Another sad lesson in doing whatever you can to keep your financial good fortune as quiet as possible.

Looks like there's not much he could have done to prevent the crime, other than have a couple Dobermans or a high-tech security alarm...........

What a waste of a life, however I am curious as to why anyone would keep a machete as a form of defense?

Because it's very scary? I'd rather look at the muzzle of a firearm than someone swinging 18" of sharp steel. Actually druther not look at either.

I see that Washington lined up on their first defensive series with only ten players, leaving Taylors position open.

Which is classy as heck..........even though it helped Buffalo get 22 yards on that play..........if it had been 21 yards, I might have felt a little scared.........:eek:

This really is such a sad story. Seems like he was a young guy who was just trying to do the right thing helping family members out.

Because it's very scary? I'd rather look at the muzzle of a firearm than someone swinging 18" of sharp steel. Actually druther not look at either.

Really? Are you sure about that?

Cold steel in one man's hand VS a couple hundred grains of lead at 2,500 - 4,000 fps?

A remington 870 pump shotgun (or equivalent) makes a nice home defense shotgun. The sound of cycling the action is enough to make most potential home invaders require a change of underwear.

This really is such a sad story. Seems like he was a young guy who was just trying to do the right thing helping family members out.

It is indeed a sad story. But it's even more the story of how our society, influenced by modern media, responds to events in the lives of celebrities.

On the day Sean died, children died of abuse and neglect. But we're used to that, some old same old....... Yawn.......

Really? Are you sure about that?

Cold steel in one man's hand VS a couple hundred grains of lead at 2,500 - 4,000 fps?

A remington 870 pump shotgun (or equivalent) makes a nice home defense shotgun. The sound of cycling the action is enough to make most potential home invaders require a change of underwear.

Yup. had the opportunity to wrestle with a gent with a pistol, which was stupid, had a Philapino bar bouncer level a shotgun on me (well, our table, but i got a real good look at the diameter of the muzzle), had another person point a little Barretta at me, which irritated me. Haven't had anyone threaten me with a machete, but i tell you that it would scare the heck out of me.

Just remembered something that DID scare me bad - after the folks split up i was doing some night work for my Dad and staying with him - finished up around 3AM and decided to go to Mom's house (much closer) and crash. Went in and banged around downstairs, nobody roused so i decided to go upstairs to grab a bed. Shut off the lights and headed up in the dark (no 2-way switch in the old farmhouse). As i got to the top of the stairs i reached for the light switch and before i could flip it heard my Mom's voice - "You stop right where you are". Now that scared the hell out of me!

Last edited:

I think the "Shuck-shuck" of a shotgun round being thrust into the chamber would stop me cold................:eek:

Well, lets examine the "wish he had his gun to stop this" approach a little further.

One guy with his handgun.

Four guys with handguns.

Maybe in the "clint eastwood" scenario, his wife and kid end up dead too in the hail of bullets, and he still ends up dead.

Well, lets examine the "wish he had his gun to stop this" approach a little further.

Four guys with handguns.

Maybe in the "clint eastwood" scenario, his wife and kid end up dead too in the hail of bullets, and he still ends up dead.

True, but how did they get into his house in the first place, and up to the bedroom door? Where's the alarm system a $900,000 house should have? I think he could have afforded it............:p

It is indeed a sad story. But it's even more the story of how our society, influenced by modern media, responds to events in the lives of celebrities.

On the day Sean died, children died of abuse and neglect. But we're used to that, some old same old....... Yawn.......

You are absolutely right. I have no idea why this dead guy is more important than all the others that died that day.

That's a good point youbet. It really does just go to show you that people have become wrapped up in the wrong ideals.

Four guys with handguns.

So let me see if I understand your thinking. He fights back with a blade and gets shot to death, kid and woman come out ok.

So you think if he sends these morons running in a hail of buckshot and it's going to turn out worse for him? Even though they didn't hurt the kids and girlfriend when he was an easier target?

You are absolutely right. I have no idea why this dead guy is more important than all the others that died that day.

Figure vs.ground. The human brainis configured to focus on what stands out. An NFL player stands out; the usual dispiriting death toll going on in the background does not.

Ha

So let me see if I understand your thinking. He fights back with a blade and gets shot to death, kid and woman come out ok.

So you think if he sends these morons running in a hail of buckshot and it's going to turn out worse for him? Even though they didn't hurt the kids and girlfriend when he was an easier target?

My thinking was that escalating the thing into a gun fight against four intruders with the rest of your family sitting close to you might not turn out too well.

Wish it had turned out better for him or it had some sort of heroic outcome, but it probably would have ended the same way or worse regardless of what he was armed with.

Back
Top Bottom