No need to plan for retirement or anything

Well, shoot, based on my portfolio and time until May 22nd, I can safely retire now and support a 100% SWR. If anyone needs me, I'll be at the Porsche dealership.

If you're not quite ready, come to beautiful southwest Ohio for a visit.

"When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Cincinnati because it's always twenty years behind the times."
--attributed to Mark Twain

I read about it a few weeks back when a caravan came through DC. I feel sorry for the people who quit their jobs, sell their homes, etc based on these cuckoo predictions. There were a big group of them that went up into the mountains of Colorado sometime in the late 60s/early 70s. On the plus side, it is better to lose your money and your illusions than go the way of the Hale Bopp and Jonestown crews.

Why would anyone write a story about these unfortunate folks? Will they interview them on May 22nd also - of course not, no "news" there?

NPR and PBS stations were begging for us to write our congressman to beg for continued funding that conservatives wanted to cut because of their bias.They seem to have gotten it in the current year budget. Now here they are poking them with a stick again...although to be fair the pamphlet pushers were allowed to speak their piece without editorial comment.

I'm with them on the earthquakes tho, I can't believe we are out of the cycle of big quakes.

Back
Top Bottom