not many CD buyers at Barnes and Noble

broadway

Full time employment: Posting here.
I was at my Barnes and Noble today to buy an Access refresher book, and I saw that they had the original cast recording of Hamilton on sale at 40% off from $29.99 - big 40% off sticker. So I buy it along with the book. I didn't pay attention to the CD when the cashier rang it up. :facepalm:

Turns out that the discount given was only 20% off.

I am surprised no other customer caught this.

Because I used an American Express gift card and not a credit card, they are only going to give me a B&N gift card.

Barnes and Noble stores in my neighborhood are zombie stores now. I didn't even know anyone bought CDs any more.

Enjoy the Hamilton CD. It's awesome. I've probably listened to it at least 500 times now. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd probably have seen the show by now.

What's a CD? Certificate of Deposit? For that matter, what's a book?

Sent from my iPad.

is this post from 1996?

Some Barnes and Noble's have this cool place inside called Starbucks.

I buy music CDs. I don't play them, but I buy them.

Small bands that don't distribute through large resellers sell them at their concerts. For other music, it's often the only way to get it in 16 bit 44.1K sample rate.

But I convert them directly to a hard drive (lossless formats), and back them up, and play them from the drive. For me, the CD is just a distribution media at this point.

Is the Hamilton CD music? I thought it was rap or hip-hop or something? :hide:

-ERD50

I'll buy a CD if it's cheaper than digital.

Back
Top Bottom