Nothing Like Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, heh, I actually I rejected the taro patch. Most local folks wouldn't know how to do it and it takes too much water and labor. In fact, there has been a taro shortage with poi prices going up. YMMV

Didn’t know what a truck patch was.

OK, I found REWhoo's list (reasons not to move to Texas). This is for informational purposes only. (Move here at your own risk)

You left out snakes that fall from trees. I love Texas

I was unfortunate enough to live in Texas and Kansas twice due to spouse being in the military. I know what it’s like and thankfully I will never have to do it again. Yes pigs are very intelligent creatures. I read that 2 poachers in Africa on a wild game preserve were illegally hunting lions and the lions ate them.
Well Teacher Terry it seems that you and my fellow Texans can be happy that you will not return.

Peace

This is not exclusive to Texas. It has happened to me twice. Both times the snake fell into my boat (which admittedly bumped the tree) once in Louisiana and once in Alabama.

Last edited:
This is not exclusive to Texas. It has happened to me twice. Both times the snake fell into my boad (which admittedly bumped the tree) once in Louisiana and once in Alabama.

I stand corrected. In addition to Texas, I also love Louisiana and Alabama

Isn't Texas great? :D Actually I loved all the wildlife there. And the wildflowers! Wow, the intensity of crazy, vibrant wildflower colors in Texas, is way beyond my capacity to even visualize when I am not actually standing there taking it all in.

Oh, but yeah, we should always mention that not one more retiree should ever move there due to all the fire ants, snakes, unbelievable heat, property taxes, etc.... (you're welcome, REWahoo!).

This is not exclusive to Texas. It has happened to me twice. Both times the snake fell into my boat (which admittedly bumped the tree) once in Louisiana and once in Alabama.

Also Virginia. We had a harmless green snake fall from a tree into our boat there (I think in Virginia? Or maybe my memory is failing me). Anyway that snake became our family pet for years. Our daughter, using the full force of her toddler imagination, named it "Snakey". :banghead: So Snakey it was. I spent many a morning with a net, catching the wild insects that Snakey loved to eat live for his breakfast.

Never been to Virginia. Now I have a reason to go

OK, I found REWhoo's list (reasons not to move to Texas). This is for informational purposes only. (Move here at your own risk)

In case someone thinks my list isn't fact based...

Texas homeowner reports "a few" rattlesnakes under house. Removal company finds 45.

Officials say that on average, one to two people die in Texas each year from a venomous snake bite.

And the victims are frequently someone who recently relocated here from out of state.

Last edited:

+1

I remember a couple of snakes that were swimming in the middle of the St. Lawrence River and climbed into our fishing boat. It was interesting.

Teacher Terry , lucky you haven't run into Ted Nugent . him and his wife hunt hogs from a helicopter and AR15 reining fire from the sky . God Bless Texas

Interesting. Born and raised in Michigan.
Truth never stopped Old Lying Ted! He either did or didn't evade the draft, depending on what year it is.

Interesting. Born and raised in Michigan.

Lots of Michiganders down this way. Every time the auto industries go in the tank, many of those workers come here for work in the oilfield. I know many of them personally.

Oil, prices go up, auto sales go down. (plus now we are getting them from other states where auto manufacturing is a big employer.)

Thanks for an interesting discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom