Now This is Camping!

tgotch

Recycles dryer sheets
This might make me want to take up camping!!!:)

my.php

I think this might delay my FIRE plans a bit.

I like the way it carries its baby in its own little pouch. Must be a marsupial.

I was in a RV sales lot recently - there were many Class As under 200K and class Bs under 100K
One class A only had 13k miles - the previous owner must have taken a beating on selling it.
The Class As and Bs are nice but I would go with a 5th wheel if I was going large - less expensive to own and operate.

La Mesa RV Center - RV Specials

This might make me want to take up camping!!!:)

my.php

Yes - but where do you store the fishing poles, mud covered boots and marshmallow sticks? My border collie would look great on that couch. :)

It's beautiful - and a long way from mildewed canvas pup tent.
Now I have a case of coach envy :confused:

One class A only had 13k miles - the previous owner must have taken a beating on selling it.

Mileage usually has very little to do with the beating someone takes when selling a motorhome. Since most are not driven nearly as many miles as a typical car, age is the key factor in depreciation. Here's a schedule showing the average depreciation per year for Class A's.

20 Year Class A Depreciation

1 - 30 %
2 - 10 %
3 - 7 %
4 - 6 %
5 - 6 %
6 - 5 %
7 - 5 %
8 - 4 %
9 - 4 %
10 - 3 %
11 - 3 %
12 to 20 - 2 %

The first few years are killers as you can see. For anyone 'free spirited' enough (me) to buy a motorhome, this schedule makes a very compelling arguement for buying 'gently used' rather than new. The schedule is remarkably accurate in that I paid within $1,000 of what the schedule said the value should be at the 6 year point.

And speaking of taking a beating, I saw what the original owner paid for mine new and calculated his per mile depreciation cost: $1.73! :eek: And that did not include taxes, insurance, fuel, or maintenance.

Gotta be a little nuts to get into this as a hobby...

Yes - but where do you store the fishing poles, mud covered boots and marshmallow sticks? My border collie would look great on that couch. :)

It's beautiful - and a long way from mildewed canvas pup tent.
Now I have a case of coach envy :confused:

You store all the stuff in the basement,like where the car is..

That motorhome has to be well over $1MM. I guess cost is all relative to your networth. Those toys are for the Big Boys; not us normal folks.

Like Janet says, where do you put the cooler, Tiki torches and lawn chairs? We saw quite a few Prevost conversions in Hilton Head and they are amazing. Can't see spending that much on a motorhome but different strokes I guess.

We plan on keeping our motorhome for several years so the depreciation hit won't be as bad, at least short term. These things are not an investment...they are toys and you have to understand that before you buy one.

Nice display of foolish spending even if they are well off. The thing will depreciate to zip. :uglystupid:

I would much prefer driving a huge SUV with plenty of room and staying in 4-5 star hotels with maid service and 4-5 star restaurants. It seems to me that this it would be less expensive... especially if the ticket price is $1mm as someone suggested. :D

I suspect that it is used for someone who needs to travel for their profession... (Entertainer maybe).

The Tada looks good but this is the one to buy - What is the price for the Tada.
Welcome to Casita - America's Favorite Lightweight Travel Trailer

[FONT=&quot]The T@da was about $20K, this includes about all the options they have including AC, furnace, hot water, 3 way fridge, convection oven and HD entertainment system. The unit is made by Thor, the same folks who make Airstreams (which is what my wife really wanted) it has an independent suspension and it is light, 2,500 with options and I suspect 3,500 with liquids & cargo. I checked the Casita, friends of ours have one, but we liked the livable space and the quality of the construction of the T@da, and its RED. [/FONT]

I love the T@da! What an adorable camper--I see the Airstream mark in that design. Don't worry, you'll love the lifestyle so much that in 5-10 yrs, then your wife will be getting the Airstream!
Congrats--keep us posted on your exploits--and BTW, where are you mounting the kayaks? That has been the plague of our old Airstream motorhome--no where to put 'em, so we bought inflatables.
Sarah

I love the T@da! What an adorable camper--I see the Airstream mark in that design. Don't worry, you'll love the lifestyle so much that in 5-10 yrs, then your wife will be getting the Airstream!
Congrats--keep us posted on your exploits--and BTW, where are you mounting the kayaks? That has been the plague of our old Airstream motorhome--no where to put 'em, so we bought inflatables.
Sarah

We have two Folbot folding kayaks, a single and a double. These are easy enough to carry inside or as cargo on a roof rack. I also have a wood kayak I built which I can carry on a Yakima roof rack on our tow vehicle, a Jeep Liberty diesel.

Back
Top Bottom