Obamarama

Eridanus...all true although bushies old man had some experience that I sort of expected would get tapped when I voted for GW in 2000.

And look how that Bush thing turned out. ;)

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
... bushies old man had some experience that I sort of expected would get tapped when I voted for GW in 2000.

But no, he talks to a "higher father".

bosco said:
http://academic.udayton.edu/race/04needs/voting04.htm
http://afrocubaweb.com/bananarepublic.htm

There are plenty of other sources, but as somebody pointed out, the Dems were paralyzed by how partisan it would look if they attempted to enforce the law. How that's different than a partisan supreme court changing all it's past policies to render a partisan decision (in the past, the Supreme court had never ever meddled in a state's right to conduct elections) is beyond me, except that the supreme court isn't elected.

If you choose to believe that you live in a country where democracy actually works without active efforts being made to ensure it does, that's up to you. Keep whistling in the dark, and don't forget to bow down to your corporate masters. I won't be able to convince you. Much easier to point the finger at other countries, and invade them to bolster the self-image. Sort of like the alcoholic that decides he doesn't have a problem because "Bill there drinks more than I do".

There are so many inaccuracies in your bile I don't even feel the need to point them out. You are filled with hate. Get over it or go away. I suspect Canada will accept you with open arms.

if the elections were questionable - both parties should have pursued an independent investigation - you shouldn't just say something if you were on the losing side...that is the sad part.

2B said:
There are so many inaccuracies in your bile I don't even feel the need to point them out. You are filled with hate. Get over it or go away. I suspect Canada will accept you with open arms.

Ah yes, love it or leave it. I remember it well from the Viet Nam era. Sure Canada accepts me with open arms. The problem with that is...? And just how is that an insult? As if Canada doesn't have many of her own problems. I'm not shy about pointing them out either, since I have a stake there also.

However, since the United States insists on taxing me regardless of where I live or was born (one of only two nations in the world to have that policy), I will continue to hold and express opinions, with or without your approval, and even when I've "gone away" for that matter. I would say that your post rates significantly higher on the hate scale than mine, and it's pretty personally directed as well. Since you know nothing about my history, I can only assume it really irritates you when someone expresses opinions that are different than yours. Too bad.

However, perhaps you are mistaking hatred on my part for disappointment. It's possible I feel betrayed, and that it's not about parties. Let's retire keeps trying to bring it back to whose turf it happened on, dems or repubs. I don't care. It wasn't ok in Illinois in 1960 and it's not ok in Florida in 2000. The first step in solving a problem is realizing there is one. Refusing to accept it does not solve it.

I'll say it one more time: It doesn't matter if it's dems or repubs. When voter disenfranchisement is tolerated, everyone loses. Whether the disenfranchisement is deliberate or just due to lots and lots of "mistakes." I suppose next you guys will argue that the history of denying blacks voting rights was just anecdotal and didn't really happen. There is no excuse for disenfranchisng voters, and yes, there were plenty of examples, plenty of complaints, and nothing done about it. It's a fact that the Supreme court had, up until 2000, assiduously left these matters in the hands of the state and crossed that self-imposed line they had left sacrosanct up until then to put Bush in the white house. Call it bile, call it hate-- it's always unpleasant for a person to have to realize that one's own country has some of the same faults that many others do. Seems to hit a raw nerve, though.

I have nothing more to say about this matter. I enjoy a spirited debate and probably express myself too strongly. Now that it's getting personal, I'll bow out. And, 2B, even though I disagree with you and don't appreciate your attitude, it's ok with me if you don't "go away."

Back
Top Bottom