observation

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
Candle wax and red wine can do interesting things to a keyboard.

I can understand the red wine but the candle wax :confused:?

I like to sit at the keyboard in almost dark, I am clumsy, I knocked over the candle (locally obtained beeswax).

Ya Ive had to repaint my wall. I was a bit buzzed on some nice wine. My big oaf hand kinda of smacked the side of my wine glass at amazing speed and force. Wow red wine is really hard to get off white paint..:mad:

I first imagined Khan warming her cold fingers over the candle flame (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/glove-suggestions-40664.html) and then spilling the wine when she tried to pick it up with her numb hands, and the wine glass in turn knocked over the candle. And led to her query about whether anyone was familiar with TigerDirect for a new computer (http://www.early-retirement.org/for...eriences-with-a-company-40781.html#post751699) :)

Oh crap; someone's actually been reading (and remembering) my posts.:duh:

Another Observation

Candle wax and red wine can do interesting things to a keyboard.

And a new table saw from Home Depot can do interesting things to the tip of your left middle finger. :eek: $100 ER copay last evening.

Ouch!!!!!!
(the finger, not the copay)

Anybody else have any recent valuable "life observations" to share?

And a new table saw from Home Depot can do interesting things to the tip of your left middle finger. :eek:
Be careful out there!

For anyone interested in a high-end tablesaw, the SawStop model is really incomparable as far as safety goes (and it peforms well, too. I use one all the time at the wood shop on base). An interesting story, too, as the guy who invented the nearly instantaneous sensor/blade brake it uses did NOT want to manufacture table saws. He tried to sell the idea to existing saw manufacturers who were not interested: All agreed it would work well and save lots of injuries, but they didn't believe customers would pay the additional cost, they thought the autobrake might fail occasionally and expose them to liability claims, and (most strange) they felt that by incorporating this new feature they'd be exposing themselves to recalls/liability for all the saws they had sold/continued to sell without this feature. It's an example of how liability/tort laws sometimes serve to keep less safe products on the market. Engines for light aircraft are another example.

Their site has some good demo videos.

I don't have any recent "Dohh!" moments, but that only means I'm overdue.

feline precaution

Do not rub the belly of a cat hopped up on catnip.

extreme cooking

Do not prepare food using temperatures above 400F without a good vent system.

Do not take your computer apart because it won't start up without first checking to see if it's plugged in.

I only did that once! Really!

Don't start reading this thread right after you've taken a sip of aforementioned red wine! You'll either choke or spit it all over the keyboard/wall/etc when you starting laughing (fingertip "surgery" excluded from the laughing part).

bacon, red wine, nipples, a bit of blood from a fingertip ....

a very odd vampire story is starting. :D

ta,
mews

bacon, red wine, nipples, a bit of blood from a fingertip ....

a very odd vampire story is starting. :D

ta,
mews

Thats how it all starts...get invited over for some bacon..then the wine flows..pretty soon you got..bah..nevermind

cautionary tale

Don't ever find yourself: naked, drunk, and in the kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom