Official SS Web Site

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Would this be the official SS web site for SS? With all the scams out there it makes me nervous to give any information online. Thanks
https://www.ssa.gov/

I thank you very much. I understand it is a uneducated question but I do get some what cautious these days then ever before.

always be careful clicking on link in email. what looks like trusted site can have mal-site embedded in it. if you device doesn't show the REAL site you're about to click (usually at bottom of screen, at least on PCs), it's always best to type in where you want to go, or use bookmark from being there previously

If you hover your mouse pointer over the link without clicking, it will show you the actual link a click would take you. Never click on a link without doing this. But as suggested above, typing in a known web address is safest, and bookmarking known links will help for future access.

Would this be the official SS web site for SS? With all the scams out there it makes me nervous to give any information online. Thanks
https://www.ssa.gov/

That’s the site. If you create an account be ready to provide an email address for your second level verification where they send a security code. This means you have to be confident that the email address you use is secure and won’t be hacked. They used to use a cell phone to send codes to but too many problems, for example customers like myself that don’t have a US cell phone number.

That’s the site. If you create an account be ready to provide an email address for your second level verification where they send a security code. This means you have to be confident that the email address you use is secure and won’t be hacked. They used to use a cell phone to send codes to but too many problems, for example customers like myself that don’t have a US cell phone number.

They also make you create a new password every 6 months, which is annoying but I get it.

I am over 62 but not yet started taking my SS benefit. I log in every month to see how much it has increased by my waiting.

They also make you create a new password every 6 months, which is annoying but I get it.

I am over 62 but not yet started taking my SS benefit. I log in every month to see how much it has increased by my waiting.

I like the site, and also check it every month. They certainly do insist that you change your password every 6 months.

I created an account quite a few yrs ago, like close to ten yrs by now, and I think it was from my work PC. That was just to check my contributions at the time. Should have maintained it, but did not. Now, it does not recognize me when I try to log in from my home PC nor allow me to create an account.
I assume i will have to call someone to get this straightened out, especially if i want to apply online in 4 or 7 or 10 yrs, whenever I end up wanting to start benefits. Anyone else have to deal with this issue? I somewhat dread the thought of calling any govt entity. Of course the problem is of my own creation.

Back
Top Bottom