Olive Garden unlimited pasta pass

mickj

Recycles dryer sheets
Not sure this is a good thing. I just got 1 of 1,000 unlimited pasta passes for $100. Lunch for 2$ a day if I can still stand it after 7 weeks. Maybe I can sell it in eBay for extra cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Congrats (I think)! How did you win it?

omni

Lucky timing on their website. Tried a couple minutes early to get one.

Awesome!

Congrats! I saw that on the news. Eat there just 10 times and you break even. You might even be able to loan it to friends when you just can't take pasta anymore.

On that news, Novo Nordisk stock surged on expected increase in diabetes patients!

Congrats! I saw that on the news. Eat there just 10 times and you break even. You might even be able to loan it to friends when you just can't take pasta anymore.

It doesn't have to be pasta, it includes salads too.

It's a tarp.

Congrats on winning the pass. I see there are several on ebay for $200+ so I would sell it and take my wife out to some nicer places. Besides, who are you going to find that will eat with you at olive garden so many times?

Congrats on the pass, Mickj. There is a nice Olive Garden relatively close to us that I wouldn't hesitate to go to, but not more than once a year (much closer are one of a kind Italian restaurants). Friends picked a different OG to meet at for lunch a few months ago and it was just fine.

Keep us posted on how often you use the pass and the weight difference before and after!:LOL:

I looked into getting the pass then I realized I make better pasta at home. OG isn't bad, and I like the salad. Just never mind-blowingly impressive. We have one right up the street and the pasta always seems overcooked and the sauce is either bland or salty (can it be both simultaneously?).

Pasta and some kind of sauce are also pretty cheap and quick to make at home (except lasagna which takes a while).

+1 on the sell for $200 suggestion.

What Olive Garden’s ‘never ending pasta pass’ distracts patrons from realizing - MarketWatch

The author is apparently not impressed.

"Which perhaps gets to the real issue: When you can’t win the quality game, what else is left to hype but quantity? "

Yeah, the article pretty much sums up my feelings. I lost almost 20 lbs. over a 3-year period and am now down to my HS graduation weight (female, 5'7", 131 lbs.). Most of that was from decreasing my consumptions of cheesy and fried stuff and eating more fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as exercising portion control. This would be the exact opposite behavior, for food that's not really high quality,

Looks like you can "buy one now" for $229 on Ebay...so a pretty good way to double your money! I do like Olive Garden, but I don't think I would get my money's worth out of it.

Olive Garden?!?!?!? Why would you go there? It's terrible. If you want that kind of slop, you can just pick up Stouffer's in the frozen section of the grocery store nearest you.

Olive Garden reminds me of this:

I just read an article on CNN about the passes being resold. The passes have the recipients name on them and there is a good chance that the resold passes will not be able to be used. FYI

Thinking of taking a visitor from Italy to Olive Garden? Here's one opinion.

Last edited:
Wow, some really stuck up people on this board.

I actually like the soup and salad thing at Olive Garden...I guess I am just poor white trash.

Wow, some really stuck up people on this board.

I actually like the soup and salad thing at Olive Garden...I guess I am just poor white trash.

Then what am I? I don't go there because it's too expensive.

Then what am I? I don't go there because it's too expensive.

It is too expensive for me too, but I sometimes go there for the unlimited soup and salad at lunch. I think it is around $8 per person? The atmosphere is a step above Chipotle and usually not as noisy.

Probably it is the consistency that attracts me for a quick lunch now and then. I have had some really good and really bad meals at mom and pop Italian restaurants but at Olive Garden I have never had bad soup or bad salad.

I just read an article on CNN about the passes being resold. The passes have the recipients name on them and there is a good chance that the resold passes will not be able to be used. FYI

Yeah I was waiting until I got the pass in the mail before I decide if I am going to sell it or not.

I got the pass today, they overnighted it.

I think they did that to make it harder to sell. It also has my name printed on it.

Not selling for much on eBay now, so I am going to keep it and use it.

I'll let you all know how sick I am of Olive Garden at the end.

I plan on using it to get take out to share with others quite a bit.

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1411405772.803964.jpg

here goes day 1

Back
Top Bottom