Opinions: Why do some marry over and over?

My SIL has been married 3 times. Buried all three of them. Who wants to be next?

DW & I have been married for, let's see 2011-1977=34 (can't be, I don't feel that old) years. If something was to happen to DW, I might consider cohabiting with another female, marriage or not. However, here in the Frozen North, if you live with her a year, the gobmint says you are/were married for all financial purposes. One way or another, a guy is screwed.
Is she rich? I would mind dying of a rich man. :LOL:

I've been married and divorced twice and I don't believe that third times will be charm. Only way I'm gonna married again is to a woman who has ton of money, much younger than me, and who worships me as though I couldn't do no wrong. :ROFLMAO:

What goes through my mind with this thread...I don't think many men could afford a couple divorces and expect to ER or retire at all, (unless financially independant already...and then maybe not). I have seen this in some of my friends and would not want to be in their shoes. Women can have a few divorces under their belt since the legal system is still set up in their favor.

I don't have a clue why people, (mainly men), would marry over and over other than love is blinding and all logic goes out the door.

Financial independance and divorces do not correlate unless it is amongst movie stars and CEO's.
Have we met? For the first time, I got married to my college sweetheart but we grew apart. And the second time was out of loneliness which was a big mistake. During the marriage, I wished I was alone. Anyhow, I kept pushing my ER back at least 5 to 7 years with each divorce. If I get married again other than to a rich woman, I won't be able to retire until I'm 86 years old. :(

Financial independance and divorces do not correlate unless it is amongst movie stars and CEO's.
This is certainly true. Young men get crazy and want to marry the woman they have fallen in love with in hopes that this will keep her from sleeping with other men. Most men do not realize that this for the most part means they also do not sleep with other women, at least in America.

Older saner men should realize that this is hardly a worthwhile goal, as they couldn't tell one way or the other whether she had or had not, and with a little time in grade would hardly care.

People often assume, I won't be one who gets divorced, forgetting that marriage is an AND operation, but divorce is an OR.

I say if a man wants to do something that can cut his net worth by 50% or more, at least make it something that has an even better chance of doubling it.

By the way, isn't that head pounding emoticon almost too good?

Ha

This is certainly true. Young men get crazy and want to marry the woman they have fallen in love with in hopes that this will keep her from sleeping with other men. Most men do not realize that this for the most part means they also do not sleep with other women, at least in America.

Ha you hit it on the head, pure genius!!!! :LOL:

There is an aspect of affordability. Liz Taylor, Larry King, Johnny Carson all did it multiple times partly because they could afford it. Of course the Hollywood life style tends to make fidelity harder. ;)

The think the number one reason is a lot of people are deathly afraid of being alone.............

Back
Top Bottom