Our Daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news Cato. I hope your wife comes to fully accept your daughter and her partner. Grandkids may help. Best wishes.

This is good news.

I would just add that my generation was told a lot of lies about gays, even implying widely that they were largely predatory and pedophiles. Hopefully, as your DW learns more about gays first hand and lets go of stereotypes, false information and bias, she will realize that her world has been made larger and new possibilities have unfolded.

I never had to go through the trauma of having my parents disapprove of something so essential to the core of my being as my gender identity. But I can tell you that the last time I cared what my parents thought, about anything, was 40 years ago, when I was 12. As a practical matter, I was compelled to obey them until I left home at 18 -- three weeks following my high school graduation. But I made the decision when I was 12 that I did not want or need their love or approval, and I was emotionally free from that point on to live life on my own terms.

Funny..... same thing happened to me when I was 12. I just gave up on ever being good enough for them and concentrated on being good enough for me. Strangely enough, once I quit caring how the world felt about me, I felt a tremendous sense of liberty.

[-][SureWhitey post #80][/-] (Moderator edit)

Sure gotta be fast around here to beat the moderators, but I guess your answer was much better than mine. Much more tactful, anyway...

Cato...so glad you all seem to have gotten over this hurdle. They are both lucky to have you...:)

Great news Cato. Congratulations to DD, her spouse to be, and to the whole family. Enjoy the wedding! :dance:

[-][Surewhitey post #80][/-] (Moderator edit)
Sure gotta be fast around here to beat the moderators, but I guess [-]your[/-] [the moderators'] answer was much better than mine. Much more tactful, anyway...
Just so that there's no further commentary among those who may have seen Surewhitey's post before it was edited, let me affirm that I agree with the moderators and do not agree with Surewhitey's comments.

Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to get that comment in before the thread was closed, and my fingers were typing faster than my brain was editing...

The moderator will probable delete this. [moderator edit] a relationship like this. [moderator edit] a million years. Would I still love my daughter? yes. I am not a [moderator edit]. They [moderator edit] not me. Oldtrig

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom