Part time jobs for retired-consultancy??

over50

Confused about dryer sheets
Does anyone know anywhere in North America (Canada or US) any website that can assist with part time or consultancy jobs ? especially catered for highly experienced individuals and/or retired ?

Just to stay busy, its something i think is important and looking to start my research now.

Thanks

Mike

I would look at Dice.com or monster.com.

There are always networking groups as well. Or go to meetup.com and fin a group that interests you.

If you really want to stay busy, the best place is to stay at the job you have before you retire. Why retire before you are ready to?

1) Linkedin comes to mind. Would place professional CV there.
2) Indeed.com is where I have resume.
3) In your field, you would join a professional group.
4) Join online discussion group such as this one.

In the beginning you get a lot of muck. As you tweak filters, there will be more signal and less noise.

The above ones aren't that great - Linkedin as exception.

You might wanna try, depending on your field:

• Maven.com
  • Hourlynerd.com
  • Zintro.com
  • a-Connect.com

There are bound to be more networks and sites for high-end stuff, but don't know them since I live in Europe.

Best bet is find a few freelancers in your field and ask them. It's usually a pretty open community and that in itself may lead to stuff.

Thanks everyone for the tips.

Currently i signed up to these websites:

-monster.com
-jobs4retired.com
-upwork.com

Already seems like there is some good options to look at. Will update you when i get contacted back or if anything comes into fruition.

In the years between FI and FIRE, I assumed I would also be interested in part time work. So, I collected several sites. Turns out, nope, not a bit interested. At least not yet after nearly a year into ER. Your post caused me to go put a list together, so here it is. I have not actually so much as looked at any of these yet:

Elance.com
oDesk.com
Extra Income | Wise Bread
tutor.com
taskrabbit.com

In the years between FI and FIRE, I assumed I would also be interested in part time work. So, I collected several sites. Turns out, nope, not a bit interested. At least not yet after nearly a year into ER. Your post caused me to go put a list together, so here it is. I have not actually so much as looked at any of these yet:

Elance.com
oDesk.com
Extra Income | Wise Bread
tutor.com
taskrabbit.com

Thank you Very much!! i shall go over them and give you an update within the next couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom