PC crashes

maddythebeagle

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anybody else get pc crashes from time-to-time downloading microsoft updates. I have been having to use my system restore on xp. to back out esp. since about april with some crazy updates. I guess that several responses will be "get a mac". :LOL:

Any good forums on computers?

maddythebeagle said:
Anybody else get pc crashes from time-to-time downloading microsoft updates. I have been having to use my system restore on xp. to back out esp. since about april with some crazy updates. I guess that several responses will be "get a mac". :LOL:

Any good forums on computers?

I had the same issue a several months ago. My system would lock up and crash. I used system restore a few times and I believe it made matters worse. I did some research and I had a nasty virus. The remedy was to run high jack this and some other utility. Screw that, I wasn't about to spend hours trying to disinfect my system. I finanly reinstalled my operating system back to vanilla and 86'd Internet Exploder Explorer from my desktop. IE is the biggest piece of garbage going. I only use Firefox. Since then I've had zero problems! I'm seriously contemplating moving to Linux as my O/S.

Long live open source :D

On occasion, new software that I load creates problems so I restore my C drive using Symantec Ghost. it's a lot easier than reloading the OS and all the rest of the software.

I had some problems with recent microsoft updates. When I reinstalled the "FULL" version of service pack 2, and then reran microsoft update, the problems went away.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom