Photo Sharing Thread II

And one of a couple of friends in a bar at an open mic night:

47432572.jpg

The first photo of the bass player is fantastic. Great work, Major Tom!
The other two are good, but that first one really grabs me.

I actually like the second. He needs to do a solo CD so that you can use it for the cover.

Thanks for the compliments. I was pretty new to using studio type lighting and hadn't really figured it out. The pictures came out better than I expected. Knowing my subject helped a lot, as the atmosphere was relaxed and enjoyable. At the end of the session, a mutual friend got in on the action and we horsed around a bit for some fun shots:

61942567.jpg

The left-hand side of her tattoo is a few notes from an early Beatles song (I forget which one) and the right-hand side is from Duran Duran's "The Chauffeur".
I guess we'll just have to take her word for it...

Rice University's graduation of the Class of 2011. Our daughter's going to have to watch a couple more of these before she gets a chance to really enjoy one, but she got a front-row seat for this one...

Attachments

• Rice graduation and commissioning.jpg
    Rice graduation and commissioning.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 27
She looks really sharp carrying that flag!
Thanks, I'll tell her!

I think having a Marine gunny sergeant as a personal fitness trainer has produced results that she never dreamed she'd be capable of achieving...

Rice University's graduation of the Class of 2011. Our daughter's going to have to watch a couple more of these before she gets a chance to really enjoy one, but she got a front-row seat for this one...

A strong, bright and beautiful young woman. Plus, I know from your posts she's a decent, caring person. You and Mrs. Nords have my utmost respect for raising such a remarkable daughter.

What a great photo! That's one to print out large, frame, and hang in your living room, y'know.... :)

Thank you. She lucked out and got most of her genes from her mother!

I fear my daughter has gone over to the Dark Side:

Attachments

• CORTRAMID aviation week.jpg
    CORTRAMID aviation week.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 25
I fear my daughter has gone over to the Dark Side:

Dark side?? -- I don't think so Nords, but can say I'd like to make sure not to get on her wrong side ;)

All kidding aside, she looks like a remarkable young woman. You and Mrs. Nords should be proud.

Just a local walk yesterday, and one from a different pond last winter:

Attachments

• Local-pond_06-02-11_1360.jpg
    Local-pond_06-02-11_1360.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Poorhouse-Farm-Park-dock-Pa.jpg
    Poorhouse-Farm-Park-dock-Pa.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom